Yours Brendan Taylor moment across any format

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Yours Brendan Taylor moment across any format

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

It was innaugral T20 World Cup 2007, Group B day night game against world beaters the greatest Aussie side that included legends. Zimbabwe were no where near to them. A good bowling performance by Gary Brent & Chigumbura restricted Aussie to 138 in 20 overs.

No one thought, Zimbabwe will counter on the likes of Brett Lee, Mitchell Jhonson, Nathan Bracken under lights. But it was Taylor 45 ball 60 that created massive upset and for the first time a myth was created that no one is strong in shortest format of the game, every team starts the game equally, its just game of nerves and few balls that can turn the game either way

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Yours Brendan Taylor moment across any format

Post by sloandog »

Mine was without a doubt his ODI hundred against South Africa in 2010. He made them look very very average.

A close second would be when he came back into the side in 2009

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

That last ball six against Bangladesh was pretty amazing, along with the CWC century against India.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Hundreds in both innings for me

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Jemisi wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:18 am
Hundreds in both innings for me
Yes, those and the big 4th innings hundred vs NZ when we got very close to winning the test at Bulawayo.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Surely wc T20 innings against australia ..that was just not going to happen against the mighty Australian side ..they were expected to walk over us ..some even predicted world record ..with 4 pacers in southafrican conditions even when they were bundled for 130 odd we werr expected to roll over by 90-100 ...only a world-class batsman has the calibre to perform and win ..the tatendas the mazakdazas would have been content by just giving a decent fight ..but Taylor had other ideas

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I really enjoyed watching BT at the CWC in 2015, he was in sublime form and really showed his true class.

The Bangladesh tear in 2013 where he scored hundreds in both innings; in a winning cause, whilst captain made it a very special match and memory for me.

His hundred against West Indies in the CWCQ in 2018 was probably his best innings I’ve watched him play; keeping in mind I haven’t watched all of his innings. But I felt against a really good attack he was unstoppable.

In Zimbabwe retirements are never really permanent, so I do hope BT does return for one last run at the CWC.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:18 am
I really enjoyed watching BT at the CWC in 2015, he was in sublime form and really showed his true class.

The Bangladesh tear in 2013 where he scored hundreds in both innings; in a winning cause, whilst captain made it a very special match and memory for me.

His hundred against West Indies in the CWCQ in 2018 was probably his best innings I’ve watched him play; keeping in mind I haven’t watched all of his innings. But I felt against a really good attack he was unstoppable.

In Zimbabwe retirements are never really permanent, so I do hope BT does return for one last run at the CWC.
The last hope is that in a few months the next coach is downwind he respects and reaches out to him to try and bring him back for the World Cup. Would probably mean a proper contract and some guarantees. Although at nearly 36, age is very much not on his side.
Hopefully someone like Houghton or Flower is appointed.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

kudet

Post by kudet »

His Maiden ton vs Sri Lanka in Harare in that triangular series.
Back to back tons vs the Kiwis
The 80 vs Sri Lanka in the CWC 2011