Zim v Sco 2nd T20I

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Re: Zim v Sco 2nd T20I

Post by Marshmallow »

So happy to see ngarava's improvement. Look his last tour to europe and now difference is very high

Googly

Post by Googly »

Zimco wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:16 pm
Dave Houghton is going to coach in Zim!!!!

I could hear in his voice he'd opened the door.
Now he's probably going to get a hand picked shite batting line up :lol:
At least give him two of the three good youngsters so we can see if he can weave some magic.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Ngarava shown today if young stars are given proper back up they will definately shine some day

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

We are really good at these low totals. Any one with the stats on low scores defended. I reckon we are now up there with the most sub 135s defended

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:29 pm
Ngarava shown today if young stars are given proper back up they will definately shine some day
yeah jeez a lot of the subcontinent teams would kill for a left right fast bowling opening pair who can both deliver it at 140 clicks at well over 6 foot

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Zimco wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:16 pm
Dave Houghton is going to coach in Zim!!!!
When did he say this :lol: cause I watched and listened the whole game

Googly

Post by Googly »

He had a thing going at Derbyshire that in a T20 if a batsman didn't pull out the paddle when fine leg was up they got fined. :lol:
He likes those little touches to keep the scoreboard moving, all well and good unless you're shit at paddling :lol:
He was probably the best in the world at it when he played. Liked using the back of his bat as well, if I recall.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Comment below from some Indian guy on our instagram page. Sensible

"Consider that a lucky win. A lot still needs to be improved. Some of my observations are - 1) The Batters don't have a wide range of shots. The second wicket was an example of that. 2) Needs to put in the work in communication while running as well. 3) Ryan Burl and Luke Jongwe ( haven't seen him close enough but it looks that he needs to tone up his core a bit) needs to lose some weight and become a bit fitter and stronger. 4) Power hitting or just simply hitting needs to be part of every batters game and not just for the batters who bats at the back end, along with their proper traditional batting skills and the same is for the power hitters that they need to learn proper batting skills too, no matter which format. 5) You guys aren't at the world cup, so a lot of work can be put in to improve their batting. If you guys want to compete with top teams, you have to practice like top teams, in terms of skills and in terms of physical fitness too. 6) Put in a lot of work, that's it, that's all you can do and the results will come. Good luck."

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

It's a 3 way tie for the second highest number of wickets in T20Is for Zim - between Chatara, Williams and Mpofu - all at 33, just behind 35 of Cremer. The first two having the chance to catch Cremer in the next match.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:45 pm
Comment below from some Indian guy on our instagram page. Sensible

"Consider that a lucky win. A lot still needs to be improved. Some of my observations are - 1) The Batters don't have a wide range of shots. The second wicket was an example of that. 2) Needs to put in the work in communication while running as well. 3) Ryan Burl and Luke Jongwe ( haven't seen him close enough but it looks that he needs to tone up his core a bit) needs to lose some weight and become a bit fitter and stronger. 4) Power hitting or just simply hitting needs to be part of every batters game and not just for the batters who bats at the back end, along with their proper traditional batting skills and the same is for the power hitters that they need to learn proper batting skills too, no matter which format. 5) You guys aren't at the world cup, so a lot of work can be put in to improve their batting. If you guys want to compete with top teams, you have to practice like top teams, in terms of skills and in terms of physical fitness too. 6) Put in a lot of work, that's it, that's all you can do and the results will come. Good luck."
A lot of people can hate us, call Some of us subcontinental trolls, but the thing about cricket in India is that you will find plenty of people like me who simply love this game and follow irrespective of who is playing.

I was, Infact am, a die hard fan of Wasim Akram, his nationality never bothered me. I was quite dissappointed at the Pak-NZL series getting cancelled today, was looking forward to some good cricket.

Anyways, Good win but long way to go folks, at least a series win on Sunday will mean something.