New Zealand vs Pakistan

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
slcricfan1

New Zealand vs Pakistan

Post by slcricfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: New Zealand vs Pakistan

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Dont seem to see the big issue, hows it surprising they pulled out of pakistan because of security concerns.

Live in a stone aged society expect stone age problems.

It was a gocernment decision. They are just upset they are now forced to play zimbabwe again after being so vocal recently that we are below them.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Pretty hilarious that Ramez Raja spent the last 12 months bashing Zimbabwe and saying Pak should never play us.

Now he finds himself in charge of the PCB and basically the only people willing to tour are Zimbabwe :lol: If I was Makoni I’d tell him to do one if he comes crawling back tbh.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I feel sorry for PCB but yeah those statements from Ramiz Raja on Zimbabwe have come back to haunt him big time.

There is a very good article by George Dobell today on cricinfo highlighting the double standards of ECB. It is a well written article.

In another article cricinfo mentions that Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh have all offered to play against Pakistan to fill the gap but Pak are not able to proceed due to logistical issues.

PCB are very vocal about not playing their home games in UAE any more which I think is stupid because there are at least 4 countries that will certainly not tour Pakistan - England, Australia, New Zealand and India. Of these 4, other than India the remaining three will readily play at a neutral venue and if PCB are adamant they are literally isolating themselves by not playing 4 top cricketing nations.

Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, West Indies and Zimbabwe will be more supportive of PCB I'm sure. Can't say much about South Africa at the moment, but they recently toured Pakistan so they don't have to tour anytime soon anyways.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Unfortunate for Pakistan. Really don't know what happened all of a sudden. The one positive is that there was actualy incident, which might mean this is just a temporary blip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I think it was always unrealistic for Pakistan to expect to host white teams in PAK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:26 pm
I feel sorry for PCB but yeah those statements from Ramiz Raja on Zimbabwe have come back to haunt him big time.

There is a very good article by George Dobell today on cricinfo highlighting the double standards of ECB. It is a well written article.

In another article cricinfo mentions that Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh have all offered to play against Pakistan to fill the gap but Pak are not able to proceed due to logistical issues.

PCB are very vocal about not playing their home games in UAE any more which I think is stupid because there are at least 4 countries that will certainly not tour Pakistan - England, Australia, New Zealand and India. Of these 4, other than India the remaining three will readily play at a neutral venue and if PCB are adamant they are literally isolating themselves by not playing 4 top cricketing nations.

Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, West Indies and Zimbabwe will be more supportive of PCB I'm sure. Can't say much about South Africa at the moment, but they recently toured Pakistan so they don't have to tour anytime soon anyways.
Yeah SL will definetely play Pak if needed. A lot of the players have offered support

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:40 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Yeah SL will definetely play Pak if needed. A lot of the players have offered support
Sri Lanka have been the most supportive of all, ironic when it was them who got attacked in 2009, but yeah, great gesture by Sri Lanka to show such support, esp the players.