Nigeria u19

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Nigeria u19

Post by Googly »

I see the SA u19's are part of their T20 franchise knockouts.
That doesn't make sense, why include the u19's in a domestic league and give them exposure just before a world Cup? :lol:
Not much is happening our side as usual, which makes me think Utseya is no longer part of it as he's been pretty pro active (pardon the pun). Maybe he's going up a level?

Googly

Post by Googly »

If we can't beat sa u19 then we're shit, they're rubbish

Googly

Post by Googly »

Out the same coaching manual as well :lol:
Hit every ball for 6 or you're fired. :lol:

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Not really sure I like the idea of fielding an entire U19 team domestically. Chances are they'll get trounced, and I don't think theres much benefit to that. Far better to absorb all the U19's into existing teams and guarantee a slot for them; say 1 or 2 U19's per XI in a world cup year maybe?

If ZC have any sense they'd be absolutely ensuring as many of the next U19 batch as possible play in the pro50/T20 games this coming domestic season.

When is the U19 world cup even? Is it not strange that we still don't have any dates for it? I've heard March suggested.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If Nigeria u19 can beat Rhinos then I'd like to think our U19's would do OK.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:12 am
Not really sure I like the idea of fielding an entire U19 team domestically. Chances are they'll get trounced, and I don't think theres much benefit to that. Far better to absorb all the U19's into existing teams and guarantee a slot for them; say 1 or 2 U19's per XI in a world cup year maybe?

If ZC have any sense they'd be absolutely ensuring as many of the next U19 batch as possible play in the pro50/T20 games this coming domestic season.

When is the U19 world cup even? Is it not strange that we still don't have any dates for it? I've heard March suggested.
Its not in March. Its towards the end of 2022 i believe. I cuold be wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:18 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:12 am

Its not in March. Its towards the end of 2022 i believe. I cuold be wrong.
Ooh really? I thought I’d read it was in Q1 but that must have been from pre-pandemic maybe.

There’s a few of our boys who will be ineligible then by the end of next year.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:30 pm

Ooh really? I thought I’d read it was in Q1 but that must have been from pre-pandemic maybe.

The reason I doubt Q1 is because thats at most 5 months away and there seems to be no fixtures out. But cricket season in the Caribbean is Q2-Q3 (April to September)...My guess is the WC will be around September or October perhaps (after hurricane season ends). Actually hurricane season ends in November. So it might be very late in Q4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:38 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:30 pm

The reason I doubt Q1 is because thats at most 5 months away and there seems to be no fixtures out. But cricket season in the Caribbean is Q2-Q3 (April to September)...My guess is the WC will be around September or October perhaps (after hurricane season ends). Actually hurricane season ends in November. So it might be very late in Q4.
Eligibility will become an issue. I wonder how they will handle that

Googly

Post by Googly »

Eligibility has certainly never bothered ZC :lol:
We could see Shumba and Madhevere playing their 27th u19 WC.
I think the WC starts in January unless it's been postponed.
If that's the case they've got 2 months to assemble a team and play some games. A lot of effort went into the last preparation and absolutely zero so far into this one.
There's something very odd about it all, doesn't add up.