Dave Houghton appointed as ZC Coaching Manager

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Dave Houghton appointed as ZC Coaching Manager

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:27 pm
Probably involved with coach development so I suspect he will be working with coaches at all levels. He'll probably have some sway along with Hammy over national coaches. Then I suppose he will be tasked with developing a coaching structure, standards and guidelines that can be sued amongst coaches throughout the system and also in terms of coaching the coaches. Interesting appointment.

He's also coaching Mountaineers himself of course.

Hopefully the first thing he does is tell Rajput to do one. Let's see.

How long until he falls out with Hammy?
As soon as he tries to ramp up the "professionalism" in this set up he's going to encounter resistance, from players, coaches and other staff alike. If he wants to be in for the long haul he's just going to have to go with the flow and be a poster boy, he won't change a thing. :lol:
Sounds like Masakadza has awarded himself a pay rise and delegated three quarters of his job description to someone who actually knows something and won't be in the firing line if nothing improves..smart!

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I don't think Hami was ready for the job they gave him and that's why this has happened. Hopefully he can focus on the administrative stuff for now and allow Houghton to do all the hard work. The coaching standard for me needs structure and hopefully this is what he is bringing to the table.

You could just sense something was up when Houghton was commentating in Scotland. He had done his homework on almost everybody. I also think this is the kind of guy we need as we transition. A lot is going to change over the next few years

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Replace Rajput with Grant Flower and we might be on the right track

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

So many plot twists in Zim cricket. Reckon this guy felt ZC will collapse in the next few years, and decided to take a chance at saving it from itself.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:30 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:27 pm
Probably involved with coach development so I suspect he will be working with coaches at all levels. He'll probably have some sway along with Hammy over national coaches. Then I suppose he will be tasked with developing a coaching structure, standards and guidelines that can be sued amongst coaches throughout the system and also in terms of coaching the coaches. Interesting appointment.

He's also coaching Mountaineers himself of course.

Hopefully the first thing he does is tell Rajput to do one. Let's see.

How long until he falls out with Hammy?
As soon as he tries to ramp up the "professionalism" in this set up he's going to encounter resistance, from players, coaches and other staff alike. If he wants to be in for the long haul he's just going to have to go with the flow and be a poster boy, he won't change a thing. :lol:
Sounds like Masakadza has awarded himself a pay rise and delegated three quarters of his job description to someone who actually knows something and won't be in the firing line if nothing improves..smart!
That Asian chap, Dilip someone or other, does most of the work arranging domestic fixtures, venues, schedules, accommodation, transport etc as well. Jarvis & Chigs are 'scouts'. Houghton now in charge of coaching and standards.

Not entirely sure what Hammy actually does at this point lol. :lol:

Either the board are trying to move him out, or Hammy himself is trying to cover his ass.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Shouldn't be too negative though. I mean it really is nice to see Dave back and I'm sure he will have some impact. It's good.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

We've had far worse news than this.

For all the dissatisfaction with Hammy, he's pretty affable. I don't think he's against improvement. If Houghton doesn't have too many edges then they can make some progress.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

If Ham was part of the Appointment or was he excluded is the big Q for me and will tell the story.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Donald

Post by Donald »

I hope this doesn't turn into a dantes inferno kind of thing which is what ultimately happened with taibu and streak.

Nevertheless it is a really good appointment

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

No idea what this role is but it sounds like Rajput and co are still in charge which is absolute horse shit.

ZC always look like they are doing things but are never actually doing anything.