2021 T20 World Cup

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2021 T20 World Cup

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:01 am

Its probably the incoming India tours every 4 years. One India series can set you up for 5 years, provided you don't play too many Tests.
That probably contributes. But also our ICC funding is over 12m USD per year whilst Ireland’s is a touch under 5m.

Whilst some things cost a fortune in Zim generally, I would imagine cricket is substantially cheaper to run overall here than in Ireland so in theory that budget of theirs is pretty stretched. I’m sure they have other funding streams etc and a lot of our money gets mysteriously disappeared but still it’s a big difference.

The associates get much much much less than that even. That’s why sadly it’s always going to be tough for them. We have a very unfair sport tbh.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

dammit coudlve won that one. Counting on BD kriterion to upset aus :D

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

No need to play in Dubai International Cricket Stadium. Team wins toss bat second should be straight way declared as winner.

5 out of 5 winners batting 2nd.. Today its going to be the 6th time. ICC simply destroying thrilling world cup into a lottery tournament

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:55 pm
No need to play in Dubai International Cricket Stadium. Team wins toss bat second should be straight way declared as winner.

5 out of 5 winners batting 2nd.. Today its going to be the 6th time. ICC simply destroying thrilling world cup into a lottery tournament
Both stadiums have been like that. Terrible stuff. In Sharjah think it was only the Afghans with the Scots who won batting first.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:09 am

Little, Adair, Tector and Campher are the only real young talents they seem to have yeah. All 4 are pretty terrific finds imo. Young is a little bit older/ I think White was a decent spinner.
Thats more young talents than BD have.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:07 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:09 am

Little, Adair, Tector and Campher are the only real young talents they seem to have yeah. All 4 are pretty terrific finds imo. Young is a little bit older/ I think White was a decent spinner.
Thats more young talents than BD have.
Mehidy, Naim, maybe Mossadek, Saifuddin? But yeah theyve been around for a while now.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Jesus is India gonna get kicked out??

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:46 pm
Jesus is India gonna get kicked out??
Highly likely. Unless Namibia/Scotland cause any shocks against NZ or something.

NZ Vs AFG is gonna be a bit like a quarter final probably.

BCCI and their pals will be desperately trying to come up with yet another new format for 2024 to make it more likely for India to qualify for the knockouts 😂

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yup! Two massive defeats for us, haven't even been competitive one bit. Infact today's game was worse than the one against PAK.

Abysmal Performance from a team that has played 1 month of IPL on the same grounds just prior to the WC. Ran away before the 5th England test to prioritize IPL.

This is why I said, if you have young players becoming millionaires without doing one bit at international level then these are scary signs, no one will have the hunger to do well, to perform and make a name for themselves.

This is not a knee jerk reaction from me, I've been speculating this since quite some time now that once Kohli and Rohit are past their peak, the overhyped youngsters will not have it in them to step up.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:54 pm
Yup! Two massive defeats for us, haven't even been competitive one bit. Infact today's game was worse than the one against PAK.

Abysmal Performance from a team that has played 1 month of IPL on the same grounds just prior to the WC. Ran away before the 5th England test to prioritize IPL.

This is why I said, if you have young players becoming millionaires without doing one bit at international level then these are scary signs, no one will have the hunger to do well, to perform and make a name for themselves.

This is not a knee jerk reaction from me, I've been speculating this since quite some time now that once Kohli and Rohit are past their peak, the overhyped youngsters will not have it in them to step up.
Bro. Its Black Magic :lol:

Its now 7 out of 7 T20 WC games in Dubai International Cricket Stadium won by team wining the toss and batting 2nd. Not only India others also have struggled batting first here. Its now getting very clear team batting 2nd in Dubai International Cricket Stadium wins the game no need to play