2021 T20 World Cup

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
slcricfan1

Re: 2021 T20 World Cup

Post by slcricfan1 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:58 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:54 pm
Yup! Two massive defeats for us, haven't even been competitive one bit. Infact today's game was worse than the one against PAK.

Abysmal Performance from a team that has played 1 month of IPL on the same grounds just prior to the WC. Ran away before the 5th England test to prioritize IPL.

This is why I said, if you have young players becoming millionaires without doing one bit at international level then these are scary signs, no one will have the hunger to do well, to perform and make a name for themselves.

This is not a knee jerk reaction from me, I've been speculating this since quite some time now that once Kohli and Rohit are past their peak, the overhyped youngsters will not have it in them to step up.
Bro. Its Black Magic :lol:

Its now 7 out of 7 T20 WC games in Dubai International Cricket Stadium won by team wining the toss and batting 2nd. Not only India others also have struggled batting first here. Its now getting very clear team batting 2nd in Dubai International Cricket Stadium wins the game no need to play
Wholeheartedly agreeing but India seems to be strugggling way more than they should be. I mean 2 wickets in 40 overs? Pakistan had a harder time chasing against Afghanistan

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:03 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
sam_ahm wrote:
Yup! Two massive defeats for us, haven't even been competitive one bit. Infact today's game was worse than the one against PAK.

Abysmal Performance from a team that has played 1 month of IPL on the same grounds just prior to the WC. Ran away before the 5th England test to prioritize IPL.

This is why I said, if you have young players becoming millionaires without doing one bit at international level then these are scary signs, no one will have the hunger to do well, to perform and make a name for themselves.

This is not a knee jerk reaction from me, I've been speculating this since quite some time now that once Kohli and Rohit are past their peak, the overhyped youngsters will not have it in them to step up.

Its now 7 out of 7 T20 WC games in Dubai International Cricket Stadium won by team wining the toss and batting 2nd. Not only India others also have struggled batting first here. Its now getting very clear team batting 2nd in Dubai International Cricket Stadium wins the game no need to play
Wholeheartedly agreeing but India seems to be strugggling way more than they should be. I mean 2 wickets in 40 overs? Pakistan had a harder time chasing against Afghanistan

Agree with India but why others are also struggling here? . 7 out of 7 winners batting 2nd in Dubai International Cricket Stadium is huge surprise.England & Pakistan yet to bat first and set a target. TOSS is ruling over performance

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

sam_ahm wrote:

Bro, we have 8 first XI players playing in T20 WC who plays all the format, they are fully tired after England Tour, IPL and are soaked by the bubble fatigue. Reason for poor show should lie on the players and BCCI. Players should have been more vocal regarding their interest to play the games. Players like Stokes, Tamim freely expressed of not playing the game due to mental issue and fatigues.BCCI now days claiming they can field two national team and they should employ ECB model here, in allowing only outstanding performers in all 3 formats like they did it with Pujara, Rahane, Ishant, Umesh only in test format

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Lot of teams are having close contests even batting 2nd.india have lost both games so comprehensively that I do not think dew was much of a factor here.

Also as a 'Big team', and having played a month of IPL just before the tourney we should have been better prepared and done better. No excuses here.

As for fatigue, it is pretty much the case with all teams now. I'd say instead of skipping 5th England test, some players could have skipped IPL games, at least a few games to refresh themselves. But they didn't.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:12 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:03 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

Agree with India but why others are also struggling here? . 7 out of 7 winners batting 2nd in Dubai International Cricket Stadium is huge surprise.England & Pakistan yet to bat first and set a target. TOSS is ruling over performance
I was agreeing with you lol

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:32 am
sam_ahm wrote:

Bro, we have 8 first XI players playing in T20 WC who plays all the format, they are fully tired after England Tour, IPL and are soaked by the bubble fatigue. Reason for poor show should lie on the players and BCCI. Players should have been more vocal regarding their interest to play the games. Players like Stokes, Tamim freely expressed of not playing the game due to mental issue and fatigues.BCCI now days claiming they can field two national team and they should employ ECB model here, in allowing only outstanding performers in all 3 formats like they did it with Pujara, Rahane, Ishant, Umesh only in test format
Don't worry, at least you might have some more evenly matched games coming up with Scotland and Namibia :lol: You might even win one! Maybe. :lol:

🤖

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Sri Lank's national anthem really is great. It's so jolly!

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:25 pm
Lol doesnt really seem like a national anthem tbh

We really cocked up with England. Let them get way too many runs

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:55 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:25 pm
Lol doesnt really seem like a national anthem tbh

We really cocked up with England. Let them get way too many runs
Yeah. Another year and you guys should be doing really well though, you aren't that far off. Will be interesting in Australia next year.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

England have shown that batting first or second doesn't matter as long as you play well.

Although SLN get knocked out, I agree that they have been impressive in this tournament.

Asalanka is a man for the future, Hasaranga is going to be one of the the best all rounder in the world, Infact I'd say he already is. Quite impressed with Nissanka, Theekshana as well.