State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
PieChucker
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: State of SA

Post by PieChucker »

Tiny guy throws big shadow.
Very impressed with Temba Bavuma - handled the whole issue well. Refused to condemn QDK in any way - said he's still one of the boys and we'll have a chat. Kept it calm and diplomatic and respected QDK's right to refuse. Very well handled. QKD's comments after the apology , praising Bavuma and saying he is a "flipping brilliant captain" show what a good job he did in keeping the side together.
Lets hope they can put it all behind them and go out and play some awesome cricket. Might have the effect of motivating them to get over their world cup jitters and do something amazing...

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

Last edited by Zimco on Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

Googly wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:48 pm
Aaah no, I'm pretty sure there's more to it than that, that's half the story.
His folks are from Masvingo or Fort Victoria as it used to be called.
Wait so QDK could have/could play for Zim!?

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

PieChucker wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:18 pm
Tiny guy throws big shadow.
Very impressed with Temba Bavuma - handled the whole issue well. Refused to condemn QDK in any way - said he's still one of the boys and we'll have a chat. Kept it calm and diplomatic and respected QDK's right to refuse. Very well handled. QKD's comments after the apology , praising Bavuma and saying he is a "flipping brilliant captain" show what a good job he did in keeping the side together.
Lets hope they can put it all behind them and go out and play some awesome cricket. Might have the effect of motivating them to get over their world cup jitters and do something amazing...
Being a smart talker must come with all the shit he cops

Googly

Post by Googly »

You'd be amazed at how many SA cricketers have Zim ancestry, either parents or grandparents, certainly enough to walk in and claim a passport.
Ya Bavuma handled that very well and speaks brilliantly.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:48 pm
Aaah no, I'm pretty sure there's more to it than that, that's half the story.
His folks are from Masvingo or Fort Victoria as it used to be called.
Poor bastards :lol: Imagine being from Masvingo :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Glad it was all resolved without much delay or consequence. Bavuma's stock has risen here. Ultimately QDK is pretty young and he probably realised giving up his international career over something so trivial at such a young age really would have been ridiculous. Glad it's all sorted.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Just a curious thought after the recent talk of quotas, transformation etc. would an all black current Zim XI beat an all black current SA XI? I don't know enough of the SA domestic scene but on paper I'm pretty sure we would win. Their pace attack would be good obviously. Just an interesting thought.

BostonZimbo

Post by BostonZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:14 pm
Just a curious thought after the recent talk of quotas, transformation etc. would an all black current Zim XI beat an all black current SA XI? I don't know enough of the SA domestic scene but on paper I'm pretty sure we would win. Their pace attack would be good obviously. Just an interesting thought.
Aside from Bavuma are there any decent black batsmen floating in the domestic setup? Bowling wise they'd be better then us but I think we'd have the edge in batting. Would be a good contest though

BostonZimbo

Post by BostonZimbo »

Flipping the question if we could make fantasy all white XIs from Zim and SA who do we think would win?