2021 T20 World Cup

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2021 T20 World Cup

Post by secretzimbo »

Fuck me how have Australia managed that?!?! Looked awful coming into the tournament, trounced by England in the group stage....

Feel like the two clearly best teams have somehow managed to lose the semis. :roll: :?

NZ Vs Australia final. Only about 9 people will be watching it. ICC and BCCI must be gutted :lol: :lol: :lol:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Aussies have Pakistan's number, they win so often against them. Brilliant run chase though, 5 down below 100, semi final, big target to chase, and Aussies still do it.

That drop catch cost Pakistan dearly, new batsman coming in and you never know, they could have even won.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:48 pm
Fuck me how have Australia managed that?!?! Looked awful coming into the tournament, trounced by England in the group stage....

Feel like the two clearly best teams have somehow managed to lose the semis. :roll: :?

NZ Vs Australia final. Only about 9 people will be watching it. ICC and BCCI must be gutted :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's T20, anyone can win on a given day. I don't think anyone would have expected Pakistan to have only lost 1 game. Plus this NZ side make the finals of every tournament.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:48 pm

Aus managed it by winning the toss :D

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:18 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:48 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:03 pm

I hope we stay humble after this debacle and our players like Pandya stop making stupid statements like "we can field three teams and still win any competition in the world." 🤦‍♂️

This is the kind arrogance and overconfidence that has cost us the title.
Not the stupid comments responsible for India's debacle its the hectic schedule of England tour and IPL costed India the title. Poor management by BCCI, keeping in mind mental fatigue of players in the bubble, being the host of T20 WC. There are 8/9 players in the Playing XI who plays all the three formats and all seemed tired
I'm saying we need to be careful about what we say Raj, i dont care what ex players or commentators say, but active players need to be humble otherwise it shows how much overconfident we are and how much respect we are giving to other teams who are also working very hard. Then if it backfires it just looks ugly. This Pandya guy has been in the news for wrong reasons earlier in a talk show as well.

As for the bubble fatigue, yes it can be a factor but it has been a factor for everyone. Not just cricketers but everyone. I and my family couldn't even attend funerals of our family members who passed away due to COVID as we were confined to our houses just imagine the trauma some of us went through, still a week later I logged in and started working because that is how I earn my living. We are all thorough professions and we need to deal with it.

In this case players could have easily skipped some IPL games to be fresh, like Buttler, Baristow and some of the English players did. BCCI could have simply aborted this season for the well being of players. It also shows where our priorities lie. In May they were literally playing IPL when scores of people were dying around us. I just did not find it right.
Bro the fun factor again comming true. Win the toss win the game in this Dubai pitch. Pakistan & England latest victim. Pandya, poor batting by india all looking meaningless. Now question got to arise on India's performance if they had won toss against Pak & NZ. Its becoming Toss & luck world cup then performance in the field

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Looking pretty good for Australia here.

I know we'll all talk about the toss but this is dreadful bowling by NZ.

Rajkumar Sharma

TOSS Wins T20 WC 2021 :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:31 pm
Sure. It’s Definitely a big factor. But then New Zealand did bowl about 12 overs of utter shit. Even you could probably bowl better - and you’re a literal retard! :lol:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Congratulations to Australia. Yet another ICC title in the bag for them. First T20 WC win to add to their 5 ODI WC titles.

Yes, toss played a factor, even finch has admitted that but it's not as much as everyone is making it out to be. NZL bowled poorly, esp Sodhi who I thought would be key against the Aussies, completely lost it today.

Both the semi finals were much tighter, and could have easily gone either way.

Rajkumar Sharma

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:56 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:31 pm
Sure. It’s Definitely a big factor. But then New Zealand did bowl about 12 overs of utter shit. Even you could probably bowl better - and you’re a literal retard! :lol:
Insane guy :lol: Would have bowled you and kicked you out of the tournament :lol: Complaining all the bowlers as shit whose team bowled second, got defeated in Dubai after loosing the toss.Shaheen & Boult were stars once there team bowled first on winning the toss and now both became shit on bowling second. Double standard thought.

Not a single top teams won batting first in this Dubai pitch against strong opposition throughout the tournament