Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Donald »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:06 pm
Netherlands tour pushed back to March/April next year. Afghanistan home series is still on the cards.
Source??
Are we playing Bangladesh soon also?

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Donald wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:49 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Netherlands tour pushed back to March/April next year. Afghanistan home series is still on the cards.
Source??
Bangladesh women knucklehead

Donald

Post by Donald »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:46 pm
Donald wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:49 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Source??
Bangladesh women knucklehead
No need for such language thank you against other forum posters.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Any update on Afghanistan series? I find recently Afghans have started avoiding Zimbabwe, they think of themselves as a big team and then when they get bashed up by the biggies brutally they come to Zimbabwe for fixtures.

I have no sympathy for Netherlands also, they keep avoiding Zimbabwe always, I don't know why.

Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Pakistan have been most supportive of Zim, even Ireland.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:25 pm
Any update on Afghanistan series? I find recently Afghans have started avoiding Zimbabwe, they think of themselves as a big team and then when they get bashed up by the biggies brutally they come to Zimbabwe for fixtures.

I have no sympathy for Netherlands also, they keep avoiding Zimbabwe always, I don't know why.

Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Pakistan have been most supportive of Zim, even Ireland.
Afghanistan ODIs tentatively scheduled for the 8th, 11th and 13th December but still not confirmed - all gone quiet. Test very unlikely but potentially they are adding a couple of T20's - depends on funding and broadcast as usual.

There was talk of the Afghan U19's coming to play ours at the same time as well but I don't think thats happening now we’ve been drawn in the same WC group with them
Last edited by secretzimbo on Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Netherlands are touring south Africa for one day matches end of November. Why the hell can't they play zimbabwr across the border as well.
Seems a bit wrong

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:43 pm
Netherlands are touring south Africa for one day matches end of November. Why the hell can't they play zimbabwr across the border as well.
Seems a bit wrong
Not sure. They are pencilled in for April now. Probably better for us as their county players might not be available then!

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:25 pm

Bro, cricket is no more a game of sympathy. Build a superior team, defeat top opposition, make your rate high that has been the order of cricket.

Zimbabwe has to increase their rate by winning games against top teams whenever they gets a chance

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Yeah looks like a lot of international cricket happening across the world and we have no idea when we are playing next with early December just 2 weeks away. Historically we usually go into camp a full month before the tour, so we may not be playing anything till next year.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Donald wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:43 pm
Seems a bit wrong
When qualifier matches happens, where zimbabwe men can play against Netherland?