Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by sam_ahm »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:55 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:25 pm
Any update on Afghanistan series? I find recently Afghans have started avoiding Zimbabwe, they think of themselves as a big team and then when they get bashed up by the biggies brutally they come to Zimbabwe for fixtures.

I have no sympathy for Netherlands also, they keep avoiding Zimbabwe always, I don't know why.

Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Pakistan have been most supportive of Zim, even Ireland.
Bro, cricket is no more a game of sympathy. Build a superior team, defeat top opposition, make your rate high that has been the order of cricket.

Zimbabwe has to increase their rate by winning games against top teams whenever they gets a chance
Yes I do agree on this. If Zimbabwe perform well then they will surely get more fixtures. I hope they do.

Zimbabwe still have WSL fixtures against India, Australia, Netherlands, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka which are remaining and we have no clue when they will be played. Except may be Afghans in December.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Afghanistan in December 21
Sri Lanka in January 22
Netherlands in April 22
Australia late November 22

Just leaves India to fit in.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Not sure what has happened to the two supposed 'A' series home and away with Pakistan. Potentially scrapped. Ramiz Raja hates us, not sure why.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:06 pm
Sri Lanka in January 22
Netherlands in April 22

Thanks mate! India tour this year was even advertised on Sony but then Covid meant it couldn't happen. They may play next yr same time, perhaps.

I've read on a reliable website that Zimbabwe will be hosting the T20 WC Qualifier (2nd leg) in June/July. The first leg will be in Feb in Oman.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sri Lanka in January 22
Netherlands in April 22

Ireland tour of zimbabwe, when?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:27 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sri Lanka in January 22
Netherlands in April 22

Thanks mate! India tour this year was even advertised on Sony but then Covid meant it couldn't happen. They may play next yr same time, perhaps.

I've read on a reliable website that Zimbabwe will be hosting the T20 WC Qualifier (2nd leg) in June/July. The first leg will be in Feb in Oman.
Here is the link where it says Zimbabwe will host the T20 WC Global Qualifier B

https://www.livemint.com/sports/cricket ... 76740.html

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:27 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sri Lanka in January 22
Netherlands in April 22

Yeah hopefully. Cut off date for fixtures is March 2023 so still plenty of time to get the India series in.

Yeah we really are the world champions of hosting at the moment. Two successive world cup qualifiers, a T20 world cup qualifier, a womens world cup qualifier and the world cup itself in 2027!

So theres two separate qualifiers for the T20 - presumably that means we will be in the 2nd one and at home. The ICC really want us to qualify for something dont they :lol:
Marshmallow wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:31 pm
Ireland tour of zimbabwe, when?
April-May 22 apparently. Multi-format but as ever the Test is unlikely.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Will the Afghan series be a one of Test or a series? Hopefully it's a 2 match series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:22 pm
Will the Afghan series be a one of Test or a series? Hopefully it's a 2 match series.
I would be extremely surprised if there are any Tests at all. Unlikely currently.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:00 pm

Yeah we really are the world champions of hosting at the moment. Two successive world cup qualifiers, a T20 world cup qualifier, a womens world cup qualifier and the world cup itself in 2027!
😂 Yeah, Zimbabwe hosting just about everything. Good thing though and I think it also brings in some revenue for ZC.