Gary Ballance Statement

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Gary Ballance Statement

Post by Googly »

I didn't miss any part, It wasn't the topic of conversation. You need to read James Mitchener's The Covenant.
It's an accurate portrayal of the early Dutch settlers in The Cape. They endured unimaginable hardships, their fortitude and resilience was absolutely astonishing. The families that slowly pushed north were the toughest people on the planet. They didn't displace anybody either, there was a vast inhospitable emptiness, don't swallow the bullshit you've been told. The politicised version of what happened in the very early days is about as legit as Ann Frank's diary. :lol:
Granted that when their numbers increased and they got the hang of survival they started taking land and cattle from the local tribes, but prior to that what they did was bloody epic.
Everyone forgets that local tribes raided, butchered and enslaved each other quite regularly, but somehow it was more acceptable than when white folk joined the fray.
Spare a thought for the San, who got fucked over by everybody, but nobody likes to talk about that.

Don't be fooled, Africans and Moslems are not so slowly colonising Western Europe, its early days, but its happening. It will have to be called something else because colonisation just won't fit the narrative.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:57 pm

Don't be fooled, Africans and Moslems are not so slowly colonising Western Europe, its early days, but its happening. It will have to be called something else because colonisation just won't fit the narrative.
Manifest Destiny? Muslims belive in God, Guns, and Gold too you know...

Again you're missing the point. I didn't say the Dutch or the British had it easy coming to Africa...they came here voluntarily. Thats the point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

"Don't be fooled, Africans and Moslems are not so slowly colonising Western Europe, its early days, but its happening. It will have to be called something else because colonisation just won't fit the narrative."

This guy clearly has no idea how colonisation works

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:59 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:56 pm
Side note:
I habs just stopped over to the UK myself this weekend.
Came through Stansted down to Stratford.
Deadset i habe not seen one house. Not one.
Are houses with backyards really not a thing here?
Depends where you are. Not really in London. Houses will often have a backyard but usually tiny compared to what you’d be used to somewhere like Zim or Australia etc. Different in rural or rich areas of course.

I lived in a terraced house in Scotland, the ‘good sized family garden’ (as described by the real estate guy) was 8ftx8ft of grass and about the same again of concrete with a depressing little table and two chairs on. With high wooden fences on all three sides. Oh and the adjoining house - so literally a few metres away - had the worst bratty kids screaming all day in their own ‘garden’ all day every day.

I preferred living in HK where at least I had a balcony and a nice view, and it was occasionally not fecking raining!

Arriving back to my uncles farm here after 2.5 years away and seeing the expanse of land and nature actually made me tear up when I got out the car.

Bit off topic but errrrr....

Maybe this is why the brits are so miserable and racist? :lol:
:lol: :lol:

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:43 pm
Googly wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:35 pm

That's simply not true. Many former slaves were repatriated, almost all entirely against their will, to Sierra Leone and Liberia. They literally had to be rounded up again because they knew what awaited them. Just Google it, it's well documented.
A large proportion were subsequently killed in tribal wars or died of disease.
Do yourself a favor and read Martin Meredith's books, he's brilliant. The State of Africa is riveting. There's a chapter there that describes in detail how a large group did successfully return more recently to Liberia and became the dominant families in that country. They have ruled mafia style for generations and imposed more hardship and suffering on their people than any slave owner could ever hope to. They had learnt all the nasty tricks of their former slave masters and doubled up.
Also with DNA testing these days I'm fairly sure you could figure out where you came from within a few square miles.
Believe me there are no takers for leaving the land of free shit and deeply apologetic former slave owners to return to the corrupt turmoil that is Africa. :lol: There's plenty folk that shout about how they were wrenched from their roots but all they have to do is emigrate, there's fuck all stopping them, I'd suggest immigration laws into Liberia are not quite as onerous as UK :lol: It would be money well spent for America to give them the 400k seed capital Biden was promising. They'd come scuttling back within 6 months after having been liberated of their cash and be thanking Jesus great grandpappy was a slave. If it was a one way ticket and they lose their American citizenship not one single person would put their hand up, even with 400k on offer, take poison on that.
Thats all interesting reading but you missed the part about the fundamental difference. African Americans were kidnapped against their will whilst white South Africans essentially came on a vacation. Whether someone wants to go back is secondary to how they arrived in the first place, no? Its like reading Anne Frank's diary and reaching the conclusion that the tragedy was she had use paper and pen instead of making Tiktok videos like normal teenagers.

Hence the reasoning behind the slogan of BLM vs saying ALM. ALM has always been a given. If I went to the hospital with a broken leg, and the doctor said he can't do anything about it because "all bones matter", he'd be stripped of his medical license.
:lol: :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:38 pm
Googly wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:57 pm

Manifest Destiny? Muslims belive in God, Guns, and Gold too you know...

Again you're missing the point. I didn't say the Dutch or the British had it easy coming to Africa...they came here voluntarily. Thats the point.
It's your laboured point maybe. You did say they had it easy, your very words were they came on vacation.
Kidnapped is also a poor choice of a word, usually when one is kidnapped you rush back from whence you came upon release.

How does colonization work, Tinah? Grab any dictionary.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:20 am

Kidnapped is also a poor choice of a word, usually when one is kidnapped you rush back from whence you came upon release.
Slavery lasted some 2 to 300 years, so those who were initially kidnapped over died in captivity. There far removed ancestors were emancipated in 1865, and subsequently some did have that ideology like Marcus Garvey and from him, the black supremacist Nation of Islam. But I presume you are aware that dead people can't flee, and were trying to minimize the atrocity of race-based slavery by erroneously suggesting slaves came to the new world voluntarily? Thats the only parallel to white South Africans that I can come up with.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Please where did I suggest that slaves arrived in America voluntarily? :lol:, is there something amiss with your comprehension skills? You twisting stuff is annoying.

The very folk that continue to get mileage out of the disgusting, inhumane practice of slavery sit idly by whilst it continues to this day the world over, but in its most naked form in Libya. I guess its harder than one thought to inherit the trauma of it after a few hundred years. Like the Irish, everyone seems to be coping just fine, but let's hope they're in line for reparations as well.

I see you think only race-based slavery is an atrocity? A lot of people think the same, hence the Libyan slave market continuing unchecked. You're part of a large group that get mileage out of this poor agenda. I guess it will take a white guy to go and buy one for the shit to rain down :lol:

Allow me to include one of the many links that show that repatriation of slaves commenced in their lifetimes. The problem was most rightfully refused the offer.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/ ... 820-234555

If you want the last word, which you clearly do, say something vaguely true.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:57 am
The problem was most rightfully refused the offer.
They rightfully refused, because they were owed "40 acres and a mule" as reparations, which most to this day haven't gotten. After that, you can debate whether they are better off here or in Africa.

My comprehension is fine, I'm reading exactly what you wrote. The problem is you've posted certain talking points, and that particular political leaning is perceived to be inversely proportional (with extremely rare exceptions of course) to intellectual capacity. You confused privilege for wealth. Then you conflated voluntarily leaving one's native country to being enslaved.

This thread started off about Yorkshire CC and more generally the situation in England...here's a great illustration. Maajed Nawaz is by all accounts a centrist type of guy. He has a lot of right-wing positions (eg believes Muslims should be profiled, is an anti-masker and probably an anti-vaxxer as well). Yet here he is confronted by an Englishman who doesn't believe he belongs in the UK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epi6-zDCwIg&t=0s
Last edited by Kriterion_BD on Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

And for the record, I agree 100% that racism/prejudice exists everywhere in all countries. The West has been overall more tolerant than Asia, for example, but we've gone backwards in many ways in the past few years. But it still doesn't mean that there's a level playing field for all.