Zim Women's Cricket Thread

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zim Women's Cricket Thread

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:03 pm
This is a very bad result for Zimbabwe - W, I don't follow women's cricket much but I know the teams making it to super 6 have some womens ODI league fixtures which Zim-W will now miss out on, unless they miraculously win either against Pak or Bang.
Top 3 from each group go into the 'Super Six', and then the top 5 there will be part of the Women's Championship (a bit like the mens super league sort of).

It looked like the ladies were playing really well today from what I saw on the stream. Looked in command in the chase. Not sure how they managed to lose. They've been watching the men too much!

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

I don't know alot about Zimbabwe Woman cricket but something fishy why

Tasmeen Salima Granger
Isn't playing...
They just barely beat USA.
corruption and nepotism
4 ducks..

Tasmeen Salima Granger deserves a match

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I read somewhere there was some issue with Tasmeen that was rising of someone on the board. Can't remember where I read it but she should definitely be in the team.

Nice to get a win against USA, but if anything, this tournament is showing that our girls are quite a low level and have much to work on.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

If more countries follow the UK’s lead with this Southern Africa travel ban this qualifier could be in jeopardy.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Netherlands women and Ireland women have indicated they are leaving ASAP and will forfeit any remaining matches if the tournament continues.

Expect the whole thing to be called off tbh.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

This will mean a lot of cancellations esp for South Africa who have a big summer ahead.

Covid will never end, we all know that, why can't they just get on with it?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

At least 6 members of the SL ladies team have tested positive for Covid. Their match vs Windies today has been abandoned.

Two other matches still ongoing. Absolutely no communication about whats happening with the tournament lol.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Confirmation entire tournament abandoned.

Thailand, who were looking good for qualification - absolutely shafted. Feel for them.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yeah i just read that the tournament is abandoned. That's terrible for the Thai women. ICC are such an incompetent organization.

I don't know if Zim-Afg would have gone ahead anyways given this situation. May be things will be better in a month.

India A tour of South Africa is going to continue, that's finally a good decision by the BCCI. Gives some hope that India's tour next month is probably on.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Hilarious really. The ICC are a joke.

So they are deciding qualification based on rankings. But half the teams in this tournament don't even have an official ODI ranking anyway :lol:

If the games Thailand had played against full members in the past few months had been given official ODI status then their ranking would almost certainly have now been above Ireland, Sri Lanka.....and potentially even Pakistan too. They've been completely fucked over here. What a shame.