Zim Women's Cricket Thread

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zim Women's Cricket Thread

Post by secretzimbo »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:12 pm
We don't agree on the virus being bollocks. I've just proven that there was a choice. You talk as if you had a chat with all the players and staff and got their opinions personally. I'm not saying some players didn't want to leave or so on, but the point I'm making is that a better managed event could have continued.
Actually it is common knowledge in the cricket circles here and on the groups over the weekend that SL had already submitted their withdrawal notice before the ICC cancelled the tournament. Several teams including Ireland, the USA and the West Indies teams had made it clear to the ICC that they did not want to continue. The ICC hand was forced - by over-reacting western governments and this ridiculous fear people have. And so subsequently by the teams and players and boards. Nobody wanted to continue with the tournament other than Zimbabwe and Thailand presumably.
Most of the time, players make the decision based on the confidence they get from the organisers and those in charge.
And not their governments back home, their media back home, their families and friends back home?

Also, right back at yer; 'you talk as if you had a chat with all the players and staff and got their opinions personally' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not ignoring the fact that they are part time pros. You are making so many wild assumptions about me and claiming that I am assuming this and that when I am completely not. You are also adding in many words on things I have not said and claiming that I am saying that. Not really sure why you are having a go at me. I made a point and it was not a random point. It was founded in thought and was put forward as, "this could have been done".

No. I stand up for myself. There's a difference.
Jeeez. Honestly stop trying to be a victim or something. I'm not 'having a go at you' :lol:
Not every government is ZANU PF. The assistance most citizens got have been charter or repatriation flights. Some government would actually get shit done.

Your whole thesis is based on assumption and generalisation. I understand the points you are making, but because you resort to certain other ways to make them, it loses impact.
Have their been lots of repatriation flights from Zimbabwe to places like Jamaica, Thailand, Netherlands, Sri Lanka from Harare this week?

Anyway,

You seem to have a pretty naive view of how things work in the world but it's quite cute and endearing so I'll leave you with it shamwari

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:04 pm

Actually it is common knowledge in the cricket circles here and on the groups over the weekend that SL had already submitted their withdrawal notice before the ICC cancelled the tournament. Several teams including Ireland, the USA and the West Indies teams had made it clear to the ICC that they did not want to continue. The ICC hand was forced - by over-reacting western governments and this ridiculous fear people have. And so subsequently by the teams and players and boards. Nobody wanted to continue with the tournament other than Zimbabwe and Thailand presumably.
I'm not denying the fear. It's evident and it's clear. It most cases it's justified. Over-ramped at the moment, but I'm getting into the whole Africa vs The West saga. All I said was I don't see why this could not be completed in a secure bio-bubble if coordinated properly. That's it.
secretzimbo wrote:
And not their governments back home, their media back home, their families and friends back home?

Also, right back at yer; 'you talk as if you had a chat with all the players and staff and got their opinions personally' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never once spoke like I have had chats with the players, but as someone who has been in the inner circle of big sports teams, I have some idea of how they work. Just expressed my opinion on the matter and how "they can work", no what should happen. You were the one who made assumptions and statements.
secretzimbo wrote:

Jeeez. Honestly stop trying to be a victim or something. I'm not 'having a go at you' :lol:
I'm not playing the victim, or even going down that angle. You called me out for living under a rock and not knowing anything, and you expect me to sit here and allow you to call me that. Your words will have consequences, and either you change that or I'll call you out for it. You've abused some to no end on this forum, but don't ever try that with me.
secretzimbo wrote:

Have their been lots of repatriation flights from Zimbabwe to places like Jamaica, Thailand, Netherlands, Sri Lanka from Harare this week?

Anyway,

You seem to have a pretty naive view of how things work in the world but it's quite cute and endearing so I'll leave you with it shamwari
There you go again, being condescending, and then if I call you out for it, you will say, "yOuR"E sO SEnsiTIvE"

Repatriation flights by their very nature are chartered flights to get a group of individuals home from a specific country. It's why SAA who has never ever flown to Brisbane flew here last year. Repatriation flights are not commercial flights.

You've been carrying on like the high and mighty of this forum of late. Best check yourself.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:23 am

I'm not denying the fear. It's evident and it's clear. It most cases it's justified. Over-ramped at the moment, but I'm getting into the whole Africa vs The West saga. All I said was I don't see why this could not be completed in a secure bio-bubble if coordinated properly. That's it.
That's cool. And all I am saying is that I don't think it could be completed in a secure bio-bubble considering half the teams wanted to withdraw, the players wanted to go home, flight bans were coming into force and the western world was hitting the panic button. I think I'm being a bit more realistic whereas you are being a bit more hopeful, but it's okay that we disagree.
I'm not playing the victim, or even going down that angle. You called me out for living under a rock and not knowing anything, and you expect me to sit here and allow you to call me that. Your words will have consequences, and either you change that or I'll call you out for it. You've abused some to no end on this forum, but don't ever try that with me.
I'm pretty sure I've only ever abused 1 person on here, and he absolutely deserved it and more. I'm not 'abusing' you ffs! And I have absolutely no intention of doing so. I think you need to take things a little less personally because I really have no problem with you other than some of the things you've said in this thread which I disagree with. Chill out, it's an internet forum.
Repatriation flights by their very nature are chartered flights to get a group of individuals home from a specific country. It's why SAA who has never ever flown to Brisbane flew here last year. Repatriation flights are not commercial flights.
Now who's being condescending :lol: Anyway, you didn't answer my question.
You've been carrying on like the high and mighty of this forum of late. Best check yourself.
It's a good job I don't take things so personally eh?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:25 am

I'm pretty sure I've only ever abused 1 person on here, and he absolutely deserved it and more. I'm not 'abusing' you ffs! And I have absolutely no intention of doing so. I think you need to take things a little less personally because I really have no problem with you other than some of the things you've said in this thread which I disagree with. Chill out, it's an internet forum.
Look, I'm not going to get into it all. I had an opinion. I expressed it. You called me out when you likened me to living under a rock.

I've never once been condescending to you or rude to you. I'm telling you now, If I took it a little personally, its because because when you said that, it questioned my knowledge and intelligence, and personally I think I know a lot more about the travel industry than most on here. I've also got 3 degrees.

I'm not going to get into an abusive swear match like you do with Rajkumar (I think the T20 WC thread was valid), but I certainly won't have someone call me out, as I'm sure you would.

Next time you want to disagree, do so, but no need to go on the offensive with name calling.