Pakistan tour of Bangladesh| World Test Championship 2021-23 |[ 3T20Is & 3 test ]

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
sam_ahm

Re: Pakistan tour of Bangladesh| World Test Championship 2021-23 |[ 3T20Is & 3 test ]

Post by sam_ahm »

I agree with the above post, Bangladesh discard a lot of players way too early. Nasir Hosain for example never really deserved to get dropped, let alone forgotten.

I think the likes of Sohag Gazi are in the same boat now. May be one year down the line Mehdi Hasan will face the same fate. The two openers will be forgotten by the start of next year and Bangladesh will be looking for another U19 star to come through.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Pakistan tour of Bangladesh| World Test Championship 2021-23 |[ 3T20Is & 3 test ]

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Again pretty one sided to get scripted in Dhaka. Pakistan will declare around 600. Early wicket for pak pacers in cloudy & windy day, resistant from Mushfiq, Liton or Shakib, whole team will bundle out around 300. Follow on case will rise, hope Pak will go for batting instead of follow on and will set a target around 400 to 450.Pacers will damage in 4th / 5th day pitch and will lead Pak to 2-0 win.

Pak has to play more with Cyclone Jawad then Bangladesh in this test match.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Pakistan have 2 options with half the match rained off. Go all guns blazing and try to add another 100 runs at 8-10 an over and declare with a 300 ish total. That gives about 50 overs to try and roll Bangladesh out by tea. Bat aggressive till stumps to set them a target of 300 to get from 98 overs on the final day.

The 2nd choice is to bat conservative pile up 4-500 runs or whatever they can get and accept a draw.

Regardless, I hope to see Bangladesh boys show some spine. Need to see some scores from Shanto and Mominul in particular.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Bangladesh seem to be setting a new low everytime, surely they can't lose this but they are trying their best.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

That was the most bizarre batting display I've ever seen.

Bangladesh now following on, 213 runs behind.

Rajkumar Sharma

To keep WTC format interesting, ICC should include 7/8 teams or start religation system.

At present situation Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Afghans & Irish should play each other in separate league

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:48 am
To keep WTC format interesting, ICC should include 7/8 teams or start religation system.

At present situation Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Afghans & Irish should play each other in separate league
Absolutely, the ICC is not giving a shit about growing the game. They are just too scared of any big team getting relegated. Such a system will give good exposure to Zimbabwe, Ireland, Afghanistan as well.

7 teams in Elite Group (they are playing 6 series anyways) and 5 teams in plate group with promotion/relegation on 2 year basis will make sense.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Pakistan pull off an incredible win, ensuring full points from this series is good for them.

Bangladesh have some serious thinking to do here. They've got New Zealand away up next.

Rajkumar Sharma

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:32 am
Pakistan pull off an incredible win, ensuring full points from this series is good for them.

Bangladesh have some serious thinking to do here. They've got New Zealand away up next.
Bangladesh more then 20 years in Test Cricket....
Still they needs serious thinking :o. There is too much negetivity in their players in playing the longest format. Selection is also done based on shorter formats, too much chance given to the undeserve players. Seniors who are dropped earlier and are now well established domestic players scoring plenty has been ignored because of age.
At least Zim was good in 2010 and later, where they declared they are not ready for Test. Zim, Irish & Afghans can be like Pak or present SA team if they haved played 20 years with such good infrastructure.BCB is in better condition then SLC and one or two level below PCB

Sorry Kriterion, they deserve harsh critisim now.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

This is the most gutless performance from Bangladesh that I have witnessed, and I've witnessed a lot. I can guarantee that 90% of the fans will walk out after this spineless display.

That being said I'm in that 10% of masochists who has nothing better to do.