Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by secretzimbo »

I think some people have missed this, so posting again;

We had three T20I's scheduled in SL too. They have been cancelled because SL now need to depart for Australia earlier then envisaged (quarantines etc).

So this was supposed to be a lengthier tour.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:13 am
I think some people have missed this, so posting again;

We had three T20I's scheduled in SL too. They have been cancelled because SL now need to depart for Australia earlier then envisaged (quarantines etc).

So this was supposed to be a lengthier tour.
Thanks for clearing that up, hopefully we can get a few games against Sri Lanka A while we are there? The thing is, we have a young team that needs as much cricket as possible if they can ever dream of being adequate replacements for the Taylor generation

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:28 am
Yes, now I can see that the games are confirmed on cricbuzz. 3 ODIs on 16th, 18th and 21st Jan at Pallekelle.

I'm not very happy though. Should have played more games, could have started a bit early.

Afghans better come, all that omicron shit is an excuse they want to give for their players to play in PSL.
I'm sure Blesing won't be happy if he misses the PSL too. Its a well paying gig. This is more to do with the Afghan players having more power than the board for me. A few mistepps by their board and all those guys will retire. They probably make way less playing for their country. Its a balancing act. They won't get a long rope like we did in 2004 if all those guys retire. People want them gone. Aren't they supposed to come in December too?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

https://www.sundaymail.co.zw/mabhunu-lo ... ntful-year

Reporter here mentions that we have about 10 tours lined up this year COVID allowing. Add 2 qualifiers plus a world Cup (hopefully) and we will have lots of cricket to look forward to in the next 18 months

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

https://www.herald.co.zw/chevrons-sri-l ... confirmed/

Suggesting Afghanistan have confirmed they are coming end of January. A 3 ODI tour can be done in a week, 10 days max. It will be interesting to see what happens

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:10 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:28 am
Yes, now I can see that the games are confirmed on cricbuzz. 3 ODIs on 16th, 18th and 21st Jan at Pallekelle.

I'm not very happy though. Should have played more games, could have started a bit early.

Afghans better come, all that omicron shit is an excuse they want to give for their players to play in PSL.
I'm sure Blesing won't be happy if he misses the PSL too. Its a well paying gig. This is more to do with the Afghan players having more power than the board for me. A few mistepps by their board and all those guys will retire. They probably make way less playing for their country. Its a balancing act. They won't get a long rope like we did in 2004 if all those guys retire. People want them gone. Aren't they supposed to come in December too?
With the way the world is going RE Covid-19, T20 leagues etc, we need a large pool of players, including second string bowlers to pick up the slack should Muzarabani and Ngarava become unavailable due to T20 commitments or Covid-19 exposure. Nyauchi, Chivhanga etc have to be kept in the picture, getting international exposure.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

I can’t believe Rajput is still the coach, I thought his results suggest that he hit the road. Isn’t Dave Houghton supposed to be the guy now??

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:29 am
https://www.herald.co.zw/chevrons-sri-l ... confirmed/

Suggesting Afghanistan have confirmed they are coming end of January. A 3 ODI tour can be done in a week, 10 days max. It will be interesting to see what happens
Afghans and Dutch will surely play Zimbabwe sooner or later in 2022 because they will also think this is a good opportunity for them to get WSL points. So I'm dead sure those series' will happen.

Afghans will desperately want their best players to be available though and will agree accordingly.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Latest is that the Netherlands series is likely to be at the end of July after the T20 Qualifier.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Australia and England are continuing with the Ashes despite positive cases within the squad now (Travis Head) and the BBL is going on despite positive cases within the squad of certain teams.

Finally the cricketing world has come to terms with covid being here to stay and we just play on, or will there be double standards as usual and pull outs from tours involving smaller cricketing nations?

I hope it's the former, that the world finally moves on by just isolating the player. This will give a great chance for Zimbabwe, and others to play out their full schedule of matches for 2022.

Let's hope for the best folks and a very Happy New year to all of you!