Northerns Vs Southerns (Sri Lanka Pre-Camp)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Northerns Vs Southerns (Sri Lanka Pre-Camp)

Post by TapsC2 »

Kaitano looks like a decent player. He seems to have all the shots which shows that his test innings was more planned than fear. How many club cricket/late bloomer success stories do we actually have?

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:17 am
What unsubstantiated Anglophile nonsense is being spoken on this forum? . Just address me directly because I appear to be the only one trying vainly to explain how good their systems are. Please stop twisting words. I never once said there were millions of superior players in the UK. Please highlight where I said that and I will keep quiet.
Once again- I pointed out that if you have a few hundred players in one camp vs a million in another statistically the million camp will produce better players practically every time. If you can't understand that simple concept then this is heavy going. There are exceptions to every rule and Tawanda is a great one. He doesn't hopelessly outclass the numerous other really good players in England his age, not by a long shot. He had the best season that year and he's an enormous talent, but he's one of a handful of really good young batsmen. I'd hazard a guess there are quite a few 20-22 year olds on the circuit that have already done better than him so far, so your argument holds no water whatsoever. When you leave the hero cult of school cricket you enter the realm of pro cricket and and you're with the big fish, they don't give a fuck about schoolboy reputations. Hopefully he gets his breaks and delivers when it counts. People without an argument love to jump on an anomaly to prove their points.
Sure he had a good grounding here. Being in national age group sides and being coached 3 weeks of the year by an assigned Zim coach is not what made him a good player, by the way.
It's the coach who put in the hard yards throughout the years at school here that got him that scholarship that deserves a lot of the credit. Do you know who that is as a matter of interest?
Then there was the coach at Eastbourne who clearly helped him immensely as well. Then there was the 70 games of mostly high quality school cricket he played in those two years, then throw in some decent club cricket and a few County Two's games that he had to make him a much better player than he would have been had he stayed here and played 10 games against St John's, St George's and Falcon.
Unfortunately they are way ahead.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: A Zimbabwe U13, U26, U19 cricketer owes his success to “Then there was the coach at Eastbourne who clearly helped him immensely as well”. It’s amazing how you have to deny reality just to forward British supremacy!!!You will say anything to elevate British cricket, facts be dammed. I therefore conclude that you are a deluded, brainwashed Anglophile zealot. Go and support your England, they need all the support they can get. It’s pointless debating things with you. Incidentally you’re the only person on this forum who believes this nonsense and that says a lot

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:06 am
Kaitano looks like a decent player. He seems to have all the shots which shows that his test innings was more planned than fear. How many club cricket/late bloomer success stories do we actually have?
Do you have the link or scorecard??

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

Kaitano will definitely succeed with proper backing from the coaches. Like others said above, yes he certainly can play all around the wicket, I have never seen a Zim opening batter as organized as Kaitano since 2005. He deserves at least 3 ODI series to prove himself that he has got the goods to deliver at the highest level.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

Tinah09 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:18 am
TapsC2 wrote:
You can watch the match live on YouTube on Zimbabwe Cricket channel.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

lobsang wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:19 am
Tinah09 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:18 am
TapsC2 wrote:
You can watch the match live on YouTube on Zimbabwe Cricket channel.
Thanks

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

Madhevere is due a big score. Kaitano off to a good start again!

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

Geez, that was close, if there were DRS in place, the decision could have gone either way. Tiripano bowls an inswinger that Kaitano misses and hit him on the pad. Very close call.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

Why are the likes of Tiripano and Manyonga playing if they are off to play club cricket in England??? They could have given other fringe players e.g Mumba a shot

Donald

Post by Donald »

1) kaitano
2) Chakhabva
3) ervine
4) williams
5) madhevere
6) shumba or burl both if we play with 8 batters
7) raza

Looks pretty solid to me against Lanka