State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: State of SA

Post by Googly »

Amla is averaging 78 for Surrey in red ball. Everyone complains about tough English batting conditions but that's a helluva average, helped by a big 178.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:31 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:20 pm
Ya Keegan has looked class apart. Such a good prospect he looks.

This game is far from over, there could be several twists still. This has ended in pretty much the same state as the 2nd test after day 3.. almost identical.

See my point on Markram folks, he never fails to dissapoint. 4 years and he is still struggling.

A lot depends on Dussen, Temba and Verreynne now... Even if one of them gets a 50, they can win the series for South Africa.
Then they should bat him at 5 or 6. Who's replacing him?
Janneman Malan or Zubayr Hamza I would say. Malan being the 1st option.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya I haven't really seen much of them. I'll keep an eye. I'm sure Markram is on very thin ice now. Every time they send him down he bangs runs in franchise.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Malan is as talented as gibbs was at his age, he's that good. Hamza I dont rate, at all

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Invest in Peterson. What a serious talent. I said it the last time England were out there, Peterstone should have been playing. I mean for god sake if you have the backing of the great Jaques Kallis you're doing something right

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Love me a good whinge by India cricket. It seems they can accept when things go against them.

Such sore losers.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Good on South Africa.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

What an incredible win for South Africa. It is tough to take for India no doubt. Didn't expect this esp after the 1st test. South Africa punched above their weight.

Peterson, Jansen and Rabada were the stars of this series win. Honestly speaking Bavuma looked good to me for the first time in his career, he has scaled up.

May be Solan can throw some light on Marco Jansen, is he good enough to be a proper all rounder or just a bowler who can bat a bit? Will be interesting to see if he makes the ODI team, and if he does will it be at the expense of an all rounder or he can play as a bowler on rotational basis.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Jansen absolutely has the potential to become a genuine bowling allrounder. He already has 5 FC half centuries I think? What hit me during his bowling was the amount of bounce he got. Some of those deliveries were toxic. Amazing work from the young bloke.
Peterson looks genuinely class and I'm excites to see him play on a flat deck. If he can score runs on this wicket he can score anywhere

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

How pathetic are the Indians? Going up to the stump microphone and saying what they said. Liked spoilt rich kids not getting their own way.
How has Kholi got away with that again? Ridiculous