State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: State of SA

Post by CalZim »

The bad thing is India will blame the technology for this loss, when they were simply just out played by South Africa.

To be fair though I watched that one that was supposed to go over the stumps. To me it was definitely hitting the stumps. Gave me a laugh watching them have a good moan :lol:

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Erasmus wasn't happy either was he

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:46 pm
How pathetic are the Indians? Going up to the stump microphone and saying what they said. Liked spoilt rich kids not getting their own way.
How has Kholi got away with that again? Ridiculous
That was a terrible look, wasn't it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

People who don't even know much about cricket were so confused and angry at what was said. I've never seen that before, where a cricketer goes up to the microphone and speaks directly to the broadcaster. Really was embarrassing. Get a grip lads, you were outplayed and that's the bottom line

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Are Indians not taught as kids, like the rest of us are, to respect the umpires/decisions and that there is a line you don't cross? Hope he gets a ban. I like his attitude and stuff usually but my god, this isn't the first time he's overstepped and looked such a prick.

I'm not an SA fan usually (long story), but glad they won this.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

It was embarrassing. Not the kind of attitude I'd expect from international cricketers. These players are millionaires and have the backing of the strongest cricket board in the world, so obviously they are not going to give a damn about the consequences. They know no one can touch them.

Like it or not but that's the truth.

As I said before, I fear that these players getting so much money without even playing a single international game is not good for the future of the game. Why would anyone want to work hard and toil over 5 days if you are getting millions for a domestic T20 tournament?

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

India was thrashed, dodgy umpire decisions play a role in close matches…not the massacre that just took place. So even with technology, frame by frame replays, snicko, stump mics, the losing team is still moaning about being cheated?? Come on !!! Unfortunately India own the ICC and cricket in general, now that SA hurt Kohli’s feelings, they might find themselves deprived of future bilateral tours 😂

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

What hit me was a case of 'monkey see monkey do' with a lot of the players. Once Kholi did it, they all did it. Ashwin was embarrassing. I expected better from him.

Slightly dissapointed with Verreyne I'll be honest. The kid is an absolute rocket with the bat and he'll come good, but maybe for now, as I've said, keep him and Jannaman Malan in the ODI set up to build some confidence.
Kassen with the gloves would be a better shout or, if you're looking to the future and competition for Verreyne, Makwetu. Serious keeper and an exciting batter

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Before this series a lot of forumites were writing the South Africans off, saying they were inexperienced and didn't have the batting to win.

I called it that Jansen and Peterson would be the ones to watch, as well as Verreyne (clipped the stumps on that one).

My point is that South African Cricket is in a much healthier state than people realise. They have a number of exciting batters pushing for spots and probably have some of the best fast bowlers in the world.

I just really want to see Van Tonder or Matty Breetske in the side (any side!) soon. Then Gerald Coetzee as an allrounder. These three lads are stratospherically talented cricketers, the letter being praised by Lance Klusener.

Exciting times ahead for these guys

Googly

Post by Googly »

I didn't totally disagree with the Indians. A couple of those ball tracking things are wrong. Its hard to argue with technology but it didn't look right. Even the commentators were going Mmmmmm....