Taylor Retirement Story

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Taylor Retirement Story

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:59 am
If drug use is as common as some have suggested, Zimbabwe Cricket are partly at fault for not testing. Get them in the loos holding cups and ban everyone who fails. Zero tolerance. And don't let people cite "addiction" as an excuse for poor self-discipline.
Itll be rebel #2. Another 15 players quit the game in one day.
Hence why they wont do your idea if they can avoid it. it is dont ask dont tell.

Theres one star of our team in particular who is clearly an abuser.
Last edited by ZIMDOGGY on Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:48 am
lobsang wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:29 am
It is strange right there are i think more than five members on this forum who have no connection whatsoever to Zimbabwe as a country but some of us are more passionate about cricket in Zimbabwe than a true Zimbo. Maybe through previous lives, as Buddhist believe in rebirth, we had some connection to the country and cricket in particular.
Madondo reborn as Lobsang confirmed. Hows your off drive?
Lol I was born well before he died I reckon. As regards my off drive, I was not that bad at the game. Used to bat at number 7 during my schooling days and bowl medium pace, in fact in early 20s I was considered quite quick at my university. Who here on the forum played club cricket?

Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:03 am
Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:55 am
In his book, "the good Murungu," Butcher describes him as unfit and failing a fitness test. Plus he is on record as being a piss cat. His antics in England show that. Now he's citing a coke addiction as an excuse. Cocaine is psychologically addictive, not physically. You don't go into withdrawal if you stop taking it. It's a bloody smoke screen.

The real issue is that he is obviously lacking in moral fibre. He can't control his appetite, won't exercise enough (fat bugger), can't say no to drink or drugs.

What a selfish young man. Bringing heat on the rest of us.
Im not going to join the BT bashing but what i am astounded about is how everyone forgot that (as seemingly does google) he did bash a duck or mongoose to death with a cricket bat early in his career.

I never forgot that one.
Zimdoggy you're kidding? Really?!?!? That's a sign of a psychopath.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

lobsang wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:05 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
lobsang wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:29 am
It is strange right there are i think more than five members on this forum who have no connection whatsoever to Zimbabwe as a country but some of us are more passionate about cricket in Zimbabwe than a true Zimbo. Maybe through previous lives, as Buddhist believe in rebirth, we had some connection to the country and cricket in particular.
Lol I was born well before he died I reckon. As regards my off drive, I was not that bad at the game. Used to bat at number 7 during my schooling days and bowl medium pace, in fact in early 20s I was considered quite quick at my university. Who here on the forum played club cricket?
There are some forum members here who play the game very competitively and are publically known and their identities are secret so ill respect that.
Of the ones who arent undercover, Sloan plays at a highish level. i played till last year. I also believe Zimco does too.

I guess you can count Burl, nicolson and Sean Ervine who have made cameo appearances here and Joseph Madyemba and aliseni used to post here who are former or current players.

Then of course this one mysterious poster who showed up months after for two posts and was never seen again after current test player liam dawson reneged on a Logan cup deal.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

So they posted this „run out“ again after the spot fixing allegations. I had forgotten about this completely. Really feels weird now with all the context maybe something was up:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZH2jsyqJs ... =copy_link
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:13 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:03 am
Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:55 am
In his book, "the good Murungu," Butcher describes him as unfit and failing a fitness test. Plus he is on record as being a piss cat. His antics in England show that. Now he's citing a coke addiction as an excuse. Cocaine is psychologically addictive, not physically. You don't go into withdrawal if you stop taking it. It's a bloody smoke screen.

The real issue is that he is obviously lacking in moral fibre. He can't control his appetite, won't exercise enough (fat bugger), can't say no to drink or drugs.

What a selfish young man. Bringing heat on the rest of us.
Im not going to join the BT bashing but what i am astounded about is how everyone forgot that (as seemingly does google) he did bash a duck or mongoose to death with a cricket bat early in his career.

I never forgot that one.
Zimdoggy you're kidding? Really?!?!? That's a sign of a psychopath.
this one burnt in my memory and im sure now ive said it, itll jog someone elses memory here. Maybe John Ward.

Im not sensitive to much but i always have been touchy about animal abuse and that was always going to be burnt into my brain.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Bulawayo check out this thread from 11 years ago and we were talking about it then. He was kicking it to death apparently. not belting it with a bat.

viewtopic.php?p=21407#p21407

Im also curious what else I was referring too. I didnt speak very highly about his personality then and something would have prompted me to be that strongly worded, something about of Zim. Not just duck.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:15 am
So they posted this „run out“ again after the spot fixing allegations. I had forgotten about this completely. Really feels weird now with all the context maybe something was up:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZH2jsyqJs ... =copy_link
Not necessarily this particular case, but as I mentioned a few pages back - Mr Masakadza will be sitting nervously right now. There have always been whispers. He's also conspicuously disappeared for the past three months.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:59 am
If drug use is as common as some have suggested, Zimbabwe Cricket are partly at fault for not testing. Get them in the loos holding cups and ban everyone who fails. Zero tolerance. And don't let people cite "addiction" as an excuse for poor self-discipline.
I mean obviously you are right theoretically. But there is absolutely zero appetite for this within the team or administration. Zero. Most of the team drink heavily from time to time, quite a few very openly smoke cannabis. That's not a secret. It doesn't take much imagination to think some dabble in harder substances from that. Most of the administration probably does too :lol:

We'd be struggling to field a team if you started banning everyone!

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:15 am
lobsang wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:05 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

There are some forum members here who play the game very competitively and are publically known and their identities are secret so ill respect that.
Of the ones who arent undercover, Sloan plays at a highish level. i played till last year. I also believe Zimco does too.

I guess you can count Burl, nicolson and Sean Ervine who have made cameo appearances here and Joseph Madyemba and aliseni used to post here who are former or current players.

Then of course this one mysterious poster who showed up months after for two posts and was never seen again after current test player liam dawson reneged on a Logan cup deal.
Ok at what level you played cricket? Played in Zimbabwe for any of the club?, Sean Ervine was one of my favorite Zim player. Still remember vividly him hitting like 4 or 5 consecutive boundaries off Nehra at VB tri-series involving India and Australia. And that century he hit against India almost took them home, Carlisle and Ervine put on a great partnership in that match.