Muzarabani selected to psl

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Muzarabani selected to psl

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:28 pm
Unsold. :( No surprise really
Loads and loads of players on the list in this section have been skipped altogether in this 'accelerated' part of the auction. At least Blessing got shortlisted and invited for bids I suppose.

He needs to do a few more smaller leagues in the next year or so first. CPL is the obvious one.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:28 pm
Unsold. :( No surprise really
Atleast his name was called of ..players like zazai Stirling even their names were not called of

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

What opportunities Blessing is getting to showcase his talent? No one will notice if you play once in 5 months.

In the past players like Blignaut, Sean Ervine, Heath Streak, Andy Flower and even Grant Flower could have got IPL contracts, had it been played then.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

Jeez, during Zimbabwe cricket's heyday, about seven to eight players would have easily made into one of the IPL teams. Andy Blignaut, if he had not had a pause-play career, he would fetch big bucks, someone who could play big shots and bowl heavy balls. And Hearth Streak, a very good bowler who could bat and score quick runs. Flower Brothers would have been assets to any teams. Then Neil Johnson, what a quality all-rounder he was, he would not find it difficult to get a good buyer. And then Travis Friend was also someone good enough to play for an IPL team, someone who could bowl heavy balls and hit hard. And Sean Ervine, he was blooming at the time he left international cricket, would score quickly and could contribute with ball in hands too. And not to forget, Douglas Marillier, he did play a fine knock against India to take them home by scooping Zaheer and co.

The present Zimbabwe players honestly 90% have themselves to blame for not getting such valuable and lucrative gigs. They know that these days how much a player could earn by plying their trades in T20 leagues such as IPL, BBL, PSL and CPL to name few. I think these current lads are not motivated enough to improve their games even when they know the kind of opportunities being dangled out there for the taking. A war-torn country like Afghanistan have like 7 to 8 players plying their trade in prestigious leagues like IPL, BBL and PSL. Not everything that is happening for Zimbabwe players is ZC's doing. Ryan Burl, for example, could be playing in PSL or BPL if he is good enough, these lads gotta have the desire to learn and improve their games to be considered for such platforms.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

He got called back again for another go. Still unsold but someone must have been at least half tempted to shortlist him both times in these final rounds.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

Muzarabani's name came up again and went unsold. Hopefully he will gain more experience in a year or two and get a gig in IPL.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

My home team SRH have taken a literally unknown Fazal Haq Farooqi, I follow almost every cricket game yet I don't know him 😂, absolutely brainless bidding, Muzarabani was hands down a better option, someone like Reece Topley who has international experience is a better option, but just look at the stupidity in the auction.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

That Afghan pacer Farrooqi got picked by CSK. I would have picked Blessing Muzarabani over that Afghan pacer any day. Not many height and bounce Blessing is

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

That Afghan pacer Farrooqi got picked by CSK. I would have picked Blessing Muzarabani over that Afghan pacer any day. Not many bowler can produce awkward bouncers that Blessing can produce with his height with ease.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Agree with the above few posters, Muzarabani is a much better bowler than quite a few who have somehow managed to get deals. Also better value considering some of the gigantic fees given to some pretty average guys.

He's got to keep performing in this PSL though, try and get into another league, maybe CPL, and hopefully do well in the T20WC later this year for Zim. If he keeps working and finds some consistency he'll get there one day. Still only 25.