Muzarabani selected to psl

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Muzarabani selected to psl

Post by secretzimbo »

Just want to stress he is English by everything other than birth place haha.

I don't think any genuine frogs play cricket :lol:

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:47 am
Just want to stress he is English by everything other than birth place haha.

I don't think any genuine frogs play cricket :lol:
I get it 😂. Is his England domestic T20 (the Hundred?) anything to write home about??

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Yeah his record back home is solid.

Probably being harsh singling him out. There's probably others who got deals who are worse than him tbh. The whole auction thing is just crazy.

E.g. How does Adil Rashid never get any bids?!?! That guy there is one of the best cricketers in the world bar none.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:58 am
Yeah his record back home is solid.

Probably being harsh singling him out. There's probably others who got deals who are worse than him tbh. The whole auction thing is just crazy.

E.g. How does Adil Rashid never get any bids?!?! That guy there is one of the best cricketers in the world bar none.

I dont get how Tahir never gets taken either

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

It appears IPL is touchy on Pakistani and Pakistan-adjacent cricketers. Something is gravely wrong with the IPL, it’s not a competition, because in a competition, teams sign potential match winners. When NBA teams draft players from abroad, it’s your Giants Atentekumpos, Jokics and other Funyun’s powerhouses. How the NBA of cricket (IPL), with their bottomless pockets gets away with signing a coeterie of bits and pieces players is a mystery

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

lobsang wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:17 pm
Jeez, during Zimbabwe cricket's heyday, about seven to eight players would have easily made into one of the IPL teams. Andy Blignaut, if he had not had a pause-play career, he would fetch big bucks, someone who could play big shots and bowl heavy balls. And Hearth Streak, a very good bowler who could bat and score quick runs. Flower Brothers would have been assets to any teams. Then Neil Johnson, what a quality all-rounder he was, he would not find it difficult to get a good buyer. And then Travis Friend was also someone good enough to play for an IPL team, someone who could bowl heavy balls and hit hard. And Sean Ervine, he was blooming at the time he left international cricket, would score quickly and could contribute with ball in hands too. And not to forget, Douglas Marillier, he did play a fine knock against India to take them home by scooping Zaheer and co.

The present Zimbabwe players honestly 90% have themselves to blame for not getting such valuable and lucrative gigs. They know that these days how much a player could earn by plying their trades in T20 leagues such as IPL, BBL, PSL and CPL to name few. I think these current lads are not motivated enough to improve their games even when they know the kind of opportunities being dangled out there for the taking. A war-torn country like Afghanistan have like 7 to 8 players plying their trade in prestigious leagues like IPL, BBL and PSL. Not everything that is happening for Zimbabwe players is ZC's doing. Ryan Burl, for example, could be playing in PSL or BPL if he is good enough, these lads gotta have the desire to learn and improve their games to be considered for such platforms.
Top post mate. Players should and must strive to keep improving, it will also help Zimbabwe in doing better at international level.

Honestly there is barely any comparison between the current lads and the ones who played for Zimbabwe in the past. Except for Brendan Taylor and Blessing, all others are weaker than the ones who played for Zimbabwe from mid 90s to early 2000s. The golden era for Zimbabwe cricket.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Tinah09 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:11 am
It appears IPL is touchy on Pakistani and Pakistan-adjacent cricketers. Something is gravely wrong with the IPL, it’s not a competition, because in a competition, teams sign potential match winners. When NBA teams draft players from abroad, it’s your Giants Atentekumpos, Jokics and other Funyun’s powerhouses. How the NBA of cricket (IPL), with their bottomless pockets gets away with signing a coeterie of bits and pieces players is a mystery
I thought that too but Moeen Ali comes in so..

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:22 am
Tinah09 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:11 am
I thought that too but Moeen Ali comes in so..
It is also about BCCI's relationship with some of the boards. It is not a surprise that more Afghanistan players are selected in IPL over the last few years than Bangladesh or Sri Lanka players, when clearly Ban and SLN are having better players. BCCI enjoys a very good relationship with ACB.

Same goes for ECB and CA, the Big 3 bonding, we have seen some local Australian players get selected based on their domestic performances over internationals from other nations.

I may be wrong, but this is what I think.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

1-29 off 4 today.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:06 pm
1-29 off 4 today.
8 runs in the 18th over against Nabi and Imad despite 2 wides. Not bad at all.