Muzarabani selected to psl

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Muzarabani selected to psl

Post by Googly »

Yeah I never understood that. It would have been good to see him get a few games. Hard to believe he was not better than some of the younger guys getting multiple games.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Rumors that Blessing will join lucknow team as a net bowler only :(

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:00 am
Yeah I never understood that. It would have been good to see him get a few games. Hard to believe he was not better than some of the younger guys getting multiple games.
There's a cap of 4 foreingers in any XI I believe.

Great news for Muzarabani's development though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Marshmallow wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:53 am
Rumors that Blessing will join lucknow team as a net bowler only :(
LOL, what the hell are they upto? This franchise looks confused as hell. 😂

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

If Blessing is only going there to be a net bowler for 2 months then they should cancel his NOC.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well he will be bowling at quality guys trying to spank him and will learn a tremendous deal I would think. Plus of course I'm sure he's going to earn good coin and if he impresses then you just never know.....
Our premium strike bowler only making the grade as a net bowler is bloody insulting. You need some good compensation to swallow that one without flinching.
Generally a contracted player getting a T20 gig has to pay his board a percentage of theT20 deal and of course our tax kretins will also be sharpening their pencils- everyone wants their pound of flesh.
But the flip side is he may be missing out on games in SA and against Namibia. Imagine they cancel his NOC and then these other games don't materialise!
I've got no faith in any games being played by our national side any time soon. They've had ample opportunity and it just doesn't happen, there's always a story as to why it fell over.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

I wouldn’t cancel his NOC. Two months bowling amongst the worlds best, even just in the nets, will be valuable.

Also if you cancel his NOC now, you risk royally pissing him off - what if he goes on to become highly in demand around the world in the future? He may remember that time we cancelled his NOC and just decide to retire from internationals. We’ve got to keep this guy happy and on side.

Also, he actually flew out last night. So this seems that it was organised quite a while ago. Maybe he was originally a net bowler, but now with Wood withdrawing and Taksin unavailable, maybe they’ve upgraded him and signed him properly? Let’s see

Googly

Post by Googly »

Blessing in economy class would take 3 days to straighten out on arrival.

Once you've signed a contract you're hamstrung. If he were to become wanted he'd have to renegotiate some clauses when his contract came up for renewal. If you're not playing internationals you'd think you'd give a guy like Blessing some leeway, plus there's 10% commission that won't be going into the first set of books :lol:

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:23 pm
https://twitter.com/Muzarabani40/status ... 2337741838

He's playing.
Is this account is his official account?. I see a new account is started when he playing in psl, and also tweets in the accounts are not up to professional.