ICC Odi Super League & WTC : Bangladesh V/s South Africa [ 3 Odis ] / [ 2 Test ]

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
Kriterion_BD

Re: ICC Odi Super League & WTC : Bangladesh V/s South Africa [ 3 Odis ] / [ 2 Test ]

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:53 pm
India will get huge benefit if Bangladesh does well in this test series.
What do you mean?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: ICC Odi Super League & WTC : Bangladesh V/s South Africa [ 3 Odis ] / [ 2 Test ]

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:42 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:53 pm
India will get huge benefit if Bangladesh does well in this test series.
What do you mean?
WTC table..Win %

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Shambling top order batting by BD.

But the pace attack continues to be a revelation. Mehidy is also bowling admirably in overseas conditions now.

I reckon our bowling attack is now stronger than SL, WI, and England too.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:03 am
Shambling top order batting by BD.

But the pace attack continues to be a revelation. Mehidy is also bowling admirably in overseas conditions now.

I reckon our bowling attack is now stronger than SL, WI, and England too.
Stronger than SL yeah. WI and England at full strength? Idk about that. Holder and Kemar will finish as West Indian greats. Seales too probably. And England have Robinson, Broad, Anderson and Jofra?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:40 am
Stronger than SL yeah. WI and England at full strength? Idk about that. Holder and Kemar will finish as West Indian greats. Seales too probably. And England have Robinson, Broad, Anderson and Jofra?
To be fair, Chameera and Kumara could also potentially finish as SL greats (behind Vaas). Lakmal is probably 2nd (maybe Malinga), but neither of them were insurmountably great.

I don't think Holder and Kemar will go down as greats in a similar bracket as the Holdings, Marshalls, Roberts', Walshes, Ambroses, et al. I think of Holder and Kemar more as "effective" than "great". Maybe if Kemar hadn't lost his pace for the majority of his career. Seals its to early to tell, but yes, if he can keep an average of 25 or less for 200+ wickets, he will go down as legend. I think Joseph has a ton of potential as well.

I'm discounting Broad and Anderson since England seem to have moved past them. To me Archer doesn't look all that special either apart from his easy pace. I feel like he's a one-pitch pony at this stage. Haven't seen Robinson...is he any good?

Even Broad and Anderson, I would put down in the aforementioned "effective" category rather than "great". Not at all trying to dimish their combined 1100 Test wickets or whatever unbelievable number it is.

I also don't really rate Pakistan's current attack that highly. Shaheen is good, sensational at times, but too inconsistent. Not sure what to make of young Naseem Shah...tremendous pace, but does he have an abundance of any other skill? I know he bowled quite well vs Australia recently, so perhaps he's got more potential than I initially thought. I could be wrong, I did also say that Babar Azam was just a minnow-basher, and was proven wrong then.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:12 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:40 am
To be fair, Chameera and Kumara could also potentially finish as SL greats (behind Vaas). Lakmal is probably 2nd (maybe Malinga), but neither of them were insurmountably great.

I don't think Holder and Kemar will go down as greats in a similar bracket as the Holdings, Marshalls, Roberts', Walshes, Ambroses, et al. I think of Holder and Kemar more as "effective" than "great". Maybe if Kemar hadn't lost his pace for the majority of his career. Seals its to early to tell, but yes, if he can keep an average of 25 or less for 200+ wickets, he will go down as legend. I think Joseph has a ton of potential as well.

I'm discounting Broad and Anderson since England seem to have moved past them. To me Archer doesn't look all that special either apart from his easy pace. I feel like he's a one-pitch pony at this stage. Haven't seen Robinson...is he any good?

Even Broad and Anderson, I would put down in the aforementioned "effective" category rather than "great". Not at all trying to dimish their combined 1100 Test wickets or whatever unbelievable number it is.

I also don't really rate Pakistan's current attack that highly. Shaheen is good, sensational at times, but too inconsistent. Not sure what to make of young Naseem Shah...tremendous pace, but does he have an abundance of any other skill? I know he bowled quite well vs Australia recently, so perhaps he's got more potential than I initially thought. I could be wrong, I did also say that Babar Azam was just a minnow-basher, and was proven wrong then.
I mean I see the 80s/90s Windies quicks as legends. Yes they are a league above Kemar and Holder but these guys are still excellent bowlers. Probably on par with India`s best quicks barring Bumrah surely. And fair enough about England. With BD, I still wont make any judgement on their bowling lineup giving guys like Ebadot and Khaled are still rather new and have had bad performances recently too. Taskin and Mehidy are good though.

Pakistan quicks are alright. At least on par with BD. Their spin attack might be one of the worst though. Cant believe how bad it is

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I think Pakistan's pace attack is still better than ours. We have to remember the likes of Ebadat, Taskin, Khaled, Shoriful are still very raw even if most of them are 26-28 years old. I think Ebadat has the most caps with just 14 or 15 matches. That's one year of fixtures for England or India.

Though the first Test ended in a whimper, and I disagree with the fuss raised about umpiring. Erasmus is a top umpire and anyone can make a few mistakes in a Test. We were just beaten by a better side and there's no shame in that. What I'm interested to see is if the gains from the NZ win were one off flukes or a sign of the future.

The seamers continued to progress, and Miraz progressed as an overseas spinner. The fielding was at times sensational. The youngsters are contributing. So all in all a lot of positives to take into the next Test and beyond.

Hopefully Tamim comes back for the Port Elizabeth Test.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Shame.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Saffers batting first. Bangladesh pick 2 spinners in Miraz and Taijul. Taskin and Shoriful have gone back to Bangladesh as they're both injured.

Encouraging graphic here on the speeds of the Bangladesh seamers from the first Test:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Another shambolic batting display by BD against a 2nd string SA attack.

It was good to see consistency from Khaled and Taijul pick up a 9 Fer. Ebadat bowled well in Durban but not as well in PE. He's very much an inconsistent quantity at the moment.

The batters have a lot to improve on. Their ability to play spin is dreadful.