State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Nate646
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: State of SA

Post by Nate646 »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:42 am
Why's Hamza been banned
He tested positive for a banned substance.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Nate646 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:17 pm
sloandog wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:42 am
Why's Hamza been banned
He tested positive for a banned substance.
What a dick.
He's probably fucked his opportunity there, because he'd probably have got in ahead if Rickleton. Who, by the way, looked excellent in the recently concluded series!

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yes Hamza has lost a great opportunity here, without a doubt he would have started and had a good chance to stake a claim in the side with so many players out in IPL.

I don't know about the level of his offence, but i think the minimum is 6 months anyways, I remember Prithvi Shaw serving a ban for doping in 2020.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/sa-v ... er-1310439

Sloan, should SA do away with van der dussen?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I think if the new replacements are good enough then South Africa should definitely consider playing them ahead of those IPL wannabies.

I'm disappointed in particular with Markram, the guy hasn't done a thing in ages, and still has the audacity to skip national commitment and play IPL. Why is he given such preferential treatment? This was a good opportunity for him to get some runs and get back in the reckoning.

Same with Nortje, that lad hasn't bowled in 6 months yet declares himself fit for IPL. Ends up bowling 3 overs and was dropped the very next game. What embarrassment.

At least De Kock has some morals, he has given up test cricket altogether and is not picking and choosing.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

The way Rickleton played, I'd say he gets in ahead of Rassie. The latter is an absolute LOI gun, but has he really done enough to get in ahead of others? I doubt it.

Markram is easily one of the most talented batters in SA and his constant selection is based on that, but the ball swings so much in England. Is he going to be susceptible to edging to the slips, especially if jimmy plays? Probably.

Harmer needs to play. He's the best off spinner in the world, period.

Olivier has been flat, hasn't he? 80mph floaters and no zip. He's literally South Africa's version of Jarvis. Went away as a strike bowler with genuine pace and returned as a medium paced seamer.

A pace battery of Jansen, Nortje and Rabada sounds spicy, with Ngidi and Sipamla as back up. Jansen HAS to play.

A left wing selection would be Van Tonder. Fellas, honestly, just wow..

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Markram may be talented but he rarely delivers. I have been hearing for years that he is on the verge of being a dominant player, it simply hasn't happened. He is the South African version of Vusi Sibanda.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:13 am
Markram may be talented but he rarely delivers. I have been hearing for years that he is on the verge of being a dominant player, it simply hasn't happened. He is the South African version of Vusi Sibanda.
He'll come good. All class players do. Sibanda was good, never class.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:32 am
eugene wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:13 am
He'll come good. All class players do. Sibanda was good, never class.
There were many who had potential, looked mighty promising, but never got going at international level, Jacques Rudolph, Matthew Sinclair, Hasan Raza, Phil Jacques, Callum Ferguson, Imran Nazir, Sadgoppan Ramesh... Are just a few names that come to mind.

There is nothing Markram has done to suggest he is in a different league to the above.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I have to agree with you. Maybe I'm being biased.
The next kid on the block is Van Tonder. Matt Breizke is the next LOI star. Very very talented