North-South Regional T20 Series | 12th-14th Apr 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: North-South Regional T20 Series | 12th-14th Apr 2022

Post by zimfan1 »

Bold call but Marasa looks more threatening than any of the spin bowlers in the domestic game apart from Wellington. But have leapt ahead of Mavuta and Ndlovu now.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Buffet bowling!!! Quite embarrassing!

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

zimfan1 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:38 am
Bold call but Marasa looks more threatening than any of the spin bowlers in the domestic game apart from Wellington. But have leapt ahead of Mavuta and Ndlovu now.
Agreed, Masara seems to have more variations in his arsenal than any other Zim spinners right now. Would be a good addition to the T20 format.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Anyone else getting concerned about Wesley's batting? I would open with him.

Shumba for me is further ahead on the mental side of the game and can play the situation. To date I have never seen Wesley's play the situation, he only plays one way which is resulting in very inconsistent outcomes.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Yeah he's very inconsistent with the bat, it's to be expected I suppose at his age. Very capable on his day of course, although Shumba and Madande are probably ahead of him on batting alone at the moment. Need Klusener to work some magic. Anyone know when he's arriving?

Having said that, his bowling has looked much better the last few months and he's looking more and more like a genuine all-rounder.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:58 pm
Yeah he's very inconsistent with the bat, it's to be expected I suppose at his age. Very capable on his day of course, although Shumba and Madande are probably ahead of him on batting alone at the moment. Need Klusener to work some magic. Anyone know when he's arriving?

Having said that, his bowling has looked much better the last few months and he's looking more and more like a genuine all-rounder.
Looks as though as though he competing more with Burl/Raza as a spinning allrounder than a top 4 batsman. He turns the ball quite a lot for an off spinner. Fingers crossed Lance will work his magic.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

The biggest issue is the lack of a power hitter at 6/7/8. Burl hase not nailed down that spot, are we expecting too much of Evans to challenge for at spot?

Donald

Post by Donald »

Still think Kaitano would be a great 20/20opener. He played a really good innings today

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

What an innings from Tiripano today, he definitely needs to give up on the bowling now and be considered as a batsmen.

He won’t play for Zimbabwe again but will be useful to have him around the young players in the a side.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

CalZim wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:42 pm
What an innings from Tiripano today, he definitely needs to give up on the bowling now and be considered as a batsmen.

He won’t play for Zimbabwe again but will be useful to have him around the young players in the a side.
I think he might still be useful in specific formats as a lower order batsman who can bowl a bit. For example I think he actually could bat in our top 7 for tests if Regis is keeping. I would trust him over somebody like Wes or Burl in a test match if I'm being honest. I also think he played a big, attacking knock in Bangladesh a few years ago.

I would actual bet money that a number 7 and 8 combo of Tiripano and Wellington would score more runs in a test against Afghanistan than Wes and Burl if they played this year.