Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 5th T20I | 24th May 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 5th T20I | 24th May 2022

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Its impossible to say much from this series since so many first string ZIM players were missing. Had they played Zimbabwe would probably have won the series 4-1 or so. I don't think Namibia played all that well in this series. Of course I'm just going by the scores.

Its been a while since Zimbabwe have played a decent standard of opponent, so I don't think anyone knows where the players stand at the moment. The AFG series will be the litmus test, provided ZIM can field most of their first XI players.

My personal feeling is that the likes of Muzarabani, Ngarava, Wellington, and Madhevere will fall short of fan expectations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I'm losing interest. Can't believe I'm saying it but, i really am.
This doesn't feel like a Zimbabwe cricket team anymore. I don't see any world class players now, all I see are unmotivated blokes not interested with poor body language. When Williams and Ervine eventually retire, I'll probably do the same from the forum.
The constant spam from the same old poster and the lack of admin support is pathetic.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:49 pm
Its impossible to say much from this series since so many first string ZIM players were missing. Had they played Zimbabwe would probably have won the series 4-1 or so. I don't think Namibia played all that well in this series. Of course I'm just going by the scores.

Its been a while since Zimbabwe have played a decent standard of opponent, so I don't think anyone knows where the players stand at the moment. The AFG series will be the litmus test, provided ZIM can field most of their first XI players.

My personal feeling is that the likes of Muzarabani, Ngarava, Wellington, and Madhevere will fall short of fan expectations.
Were you paid to say that?
What everyone else takes from this is that we need to sort our shit out and we need depth. We are the only team that supposedly only have 8 international player and if 6 are missing we will lose. You're never going to have your best 11 on the field all the time and it's not an excuse!!!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:23 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:

What everyone else takes from this is that we need to sort our shit out and we need depth. We are the only team that supposedly only have 8 international player and if 6 are missing we will lose. You're never going to have your best 11 on the field all the time and it's not an excuse!!!
Are you suggesting ZIM should have won even without 6 top players? Yes they should have. But Namibia aren't pushovers in T20 cricket.

The Afghanistan series will show which players are cut out for top flight international cricket (ie qualifying or being in contention to qualify for WCs and ICC events).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Talking of eventual replacements for Chakabwa, isn't Clive Madande a WKB? I know he failed in Nepal, but could still be a future option. Isn't it?

Also wanted to know if Ali Hamid a good prospect?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:16 pm
Talking of eventual replacements for Chakabwa, isn't Clive Madande a WKB? I know he failed in Nepal, but could still be a future option. Isn't it?

Madande maybe long-term. His actual glovework isn't very good though. I think he was a bowler at school, so not sure how committed he is to keeping. See how he develops. Got potential with the bat for sure.

Ali Hamid has decent potential, yes. Another who went to a good cricket school in SA and did well there. Depends if he wants to play professionally. Unfortunately a lot of the Asians here don't.

We talk about white issues in Zim cricket a lot, but it's crazy that there isn't a single Zim-born asian playing professional cricket in the country. They all seem to play golf and hockey nowadays.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:54 pm
Googly wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:23 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:

Are you suggesting ZIM should have won even without 6 top players? Yes they should have. But Namibia aren't pushovers in T20 cricket.

The Afghanistan series will show which players are cut out for top flight international cricket (ie qualifying or being in contention to qualify for WCs and ICC events).
You answered your own question.
Agree they're pretty good. I thought they'd actually be better and we wouldn't have taken two games off them, truth be told.
It's a pity Afghanistan isn't 5 T20's. Why would they cancel 2 games? Its probably untelevised so the actual cost of a game is next to nothing aside from what ICC skin us for providing a match referee or whatever other money making scams they have.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:27 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:16 pm

Madande maybe long-term. His actual glovework isn't very good though. I think he was a bowler at school, so not sure how committed he is to keeping. See how he develops. Got potential with the bat for sure.

Ali Hamid has decent potential, yes. Another who went to a good cricket school in SA and did well there. Depends if he wants to play professionally. Unfortunately a lot of the Asians here don't.

We talk about white issues in Zim cricket a lot, but it's crazy that there isn't a single Zim-born asian playing professional cricket in the country. They all seem to play golf and hockey nowadays.
Ah! I hope he does show interest, that will be really good for Zimbabwe, I saw his scores are quite good in NPL.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Checking the Namibia insta page, this series win really meant a lot to them.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I can't believe what I've been reading on the forums of late. Including the series with Nepal, it seems like we are the only Test playing nation that regularly gets beaten by associates and affiliates, and we just accept it.

I know there will be the usual, "not our first strength squad" and all that crap, but it shouldn't have to be our first strength squad to beat Nepal and Namibia. All I'm hearing are excuses and those who say "Namibia are improving", well then why the heck are we not? We are a test playing nation with 40 years of Test status and we are so far behind from when we started, we just accept it as normal.

If the guys at ZC actually cared about the game, this would not be a regular occurrence. You don't blame the likes of Aus rejecting our offer of the test series. We are no longer a match for the test sides when results like this happen.

We've become so accustomed to losing that winning one match against Namibia fills us with so much joy. Serious shit needs serious change.