Afghanistan tour of Zimbabwe Jun 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Afghanistan tour of Zimbabwe Jun 2022

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:29 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:28 pm
Lol have you guys seen the main squad? Myers is in.

No Evans wtf
Someone genuinely believes Tiripano and Chivanga are better bowlers than Brad Evans :lol: :lol:

Myers hasn't played cricket for 9 months and yet he gets straight into the squad? Kick in the teeth for those guys that have been putting in the effort for the past 8 months of doemstic cricket.

Ainsley Ndlovu recalled from the UK. I don't mind this - probably a better option than Mavuta tbh.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Williams obviously isn't ok :(

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:39 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:29 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:28 pm
Lol have you guys seen the main squad? Myers is in.

No Evans wtf
Someone genuinely believes Tiripano and Chivanga are better bowlers than Brad Evans :lol: :lol:

Myers hasn't played cricket for 9 months and yet he gets straight into the squad? Kick in the teeth for those guys that have been putting in the effort for the past 8 months of doemstic cricket.

Ainsley Ndlovu recalled from the UK. I don't mind this - probably a better option than Mavuta tbh.
Haha.. No Evans despite Ngarava not there is total bull shit, but nothing new here we expect this from ZC don't we? Bloody ridiculous.

Madande is another stupid pick, clearly has been a big failure in Nepal and now in the warm ups, probably won't get a game and is in as a reserve keeper. What happened to Marumani?

Chivanga another poor pick. Hard to believe he is picked ahead of Evans (who also gives batting depth) in a sane world. This is why I have given up on these people.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I don't mind Madande being there, as you say he won't be getting a game. He'll learn from being around the squad so that's fine.

Marumani pulled out of the Namibia squad with injury/illness but was training with the squad the last few days - maybe his injury has flared up again idk.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm
I don't mind Madande being there, as you say he won't be getting a game. He'll learn from being around the squad so that's fine.

Marumani pulled out of the Namibia squad with injury/illness but was training with the squad the last few days - maybe his injury has flared up again idk.
Ok that explains about Marumani. I really fear Willo will retire, terribly disappointing not to see him.

This is the 2nd time I'm seeing Jonathan Campbell and both times he has looked good to me with his batting, which surprised me because his domestic numbers aren't that good. His bowling is not worth it, I admit. I definitely see a lot of potential in his batting though.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

shocking squad :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:37 pm
At least a 6-0 defeat might finally see off Rajput and the selectors :lol: every cloud hey?

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:38 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:37 pm
At least a 6-0 defeat might finally see off Rajput and the selectors :lol: every cloud hey?
:lol:

How is Evans not in there, and where the hell is Myers from (like him though) but what form is he in?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I'm sure Evans will be in the T20 squad

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

How myers get in the squad. Is getting call for national team is so easy like club teams.