Afghanistan tour of Zimbabwe Jun 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Afghanistan tour of Zimbabwe Jun 2022

Post by secretzimbo »

Yeah Jongwe so often looks very ordinary. Remember I think he was actually an opening batsman when he was younger and his bowling was part-time? But....he just has a habit of making things happen from nowhere when we really need it. He's a match winner. Takes plenty of wickets and it was interesting in the Namibia series that his death bowling looked pretty good.

I don't think the conversation should be about Evans Vs Jongwe. It should be about Evans Vs Chivanga and Tiripano. Evans offers much more than both of those two I think.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

We could really do with the Netherlands winning their final match against the Windies at the weekend. To help our extremely marginal chance of world cup qualification :lol: 5 wins from our remaining games 12 games and if other result go in our favour we could actually do it :lol: Maybe it is the beer talking :lol:

Donald

Post by Donald »

See i kinda knew Myers would be in the squad.
Maybe I should invest in a crystal ball and play the lottery more 😁

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:54 pm
He's a match winner.
Jongwe is anything but that. He's really lucky to be in the squad regardless of the format IMO. Tiripano has probably taken twice as many wickets "out of nowhere" than Jongwe has. Tiripano at least gives his 100% every time whether with bat or ball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:05 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:54 pm
He's a match winner.
Jongwe is anything but that. He's really lucky to be in the squad regardless of the format IMO. Tiripano has probably taken twice as many wickets "out of nowhere" than Jongwe has. Tiripano at least gives his 100% every time whether with bat or ball.
Bit harsh. 38 wickets at an average under 19 with a bowling s/r of 13.7 is very good. Economy of 8.26 isn`t bad either.

Watching him, he always does make stuff happen in my opinion too

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I don't rate Jongwe much either, I agree that Don is probably a bit better, always gives it his all. Even in batting Tiripano is stubborn and keeps it simple, Jongwe tries to be too cute, he will try some paddle sweep and get bowled , try some reverse sweep needlessly and get out,try to go over the keeper... He irritates me a lot.

Won't mind Myers playing ahead of Kaitano, but honestly Innocent Kaia should have been selected ahead of them both. No one is talking about him, I think he is doing decent.

Googly

Post by Googly »

These selections smack of someone who doesn't know much overriding what should be reasonably simple choices.

All those sweeps and paddles actually work if they're practiced. The young English guys are particularly good at them. Jongwe actually has a great eye and could have been a really good batsman, particularly at T20, but he's let it go.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Jongwe is an excellent LO option. I don't get all the hate? He's a better bowling pick than Tiripano and he's handy with the bat. He makes things happen and he's a decent death bowler. I've got no issues what so ever with him being there.

Do we know what's going on with Sean Williams? I know his father passed away so perhaps that's a factor?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I'm sure there's more to it than that.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:17 am
Jongwe is an excellent LO option. I don't get all the hate? He's a better bowling pick than Tiripano and he's handy with the bat. He makes things happen and he's a decent death bowler. I've got no issues what so ever with him being there.

Do we know what's going on with Sean Williams? I know his father passed away so perhaps that's a factor?
I agree completely with this about Jongwe.

And yeah there’s definitely more going on with Williams :(