CRICKET IS DEAD IN ZIMBABWE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: CRICKET IS DEAD IN ZIMBABWE

Post by CholeZimbo »

Pathetic bowling. This is a disastor. Why is DT selected over Evans? Rather an unknown over a proven failure.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

The atmosphere and feelings amongst the people sat near us today was terrible. Fans are getting very angry and if this team doesn’t start winning very soon then it’s all going to kick off I’m sure.

I’m surprised no one has murdered Rajput yet, judging by the strength of feeling amongst the crowd towards him today.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

This is such a mess. If we do not make the T20 WC, I think the trio of Ervine, Williams and Raza are walking away. Losing is not a good feeling.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

That would be an absolute nadir and much worse than missing the 2019 WC considering there are 16 qualifiers for this one.

I really don’t know what happens next if we miss out.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:36 pm
The atmosphere and feelings amongst the people sat near us today was terrible. Fans are getting very angry and if this team doesn’t start winning very soon then it’s all going to kick off I’m sure.

I’m surprised no one has murdered Rajput yet, judging by the strength of feeling amongst the crowd towards him today.
That's what I felt on Saturday. They are in serious trouble. Expect somebody to be sacrificed in the next few months but this time I don't think it will work. People are very very disgruntled. Very upset. At everybody.. players included. If things go wrong next month that might be the end of the road for a lot of people

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Bring back streak if possible I don't care if he is serving ban .the team that assembled in qualifiers was the best ..don't forget how easily we won against Irish then won against Afghanistan .. absolutely pummelled associates like Nepal ..lost a close game against westindies and then rain and DLS fucked us against uae ..but still that was easily the best team ever in the recent past

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Word around the centurion today was that it will cost over 250k+ to sever Rajput’s contract.

Why the heck did they offer him a new contract last year wtf. Absolute madness.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

We need guys from the UK to be back for cricket to survive next 10 years or we are finished ..

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm watching until the T20 qualifiers. That is it.

If Zim don't make it to a 16 team world Cup, then I'm out of here. I'm sure then most of us are out of here.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

When are the next board elections due? Is it next year?