CRICKET IS DEAD IN ZIMBABWE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: CRICKET IS DEAD IN ZIMBABWE

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Seems odd taht the same board that axed Cremer, who was in career best form, can’t do the same to Rajput who is scamming them like cuckolds.
I thought Mukhulani was a lot of things, but a sucker wasn’t one until now.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

The professionalism happening across town at Zim Rugby just further amplifies the shit we are getting from ZC. It's simple, have devoted people in charge of the game and things will change. ZC is being run like a C-grade government school where no one is invested in your success unless you wake up and do so yourself. We need everyone back and well incentivized, Googly you are right there. The team needs a bunch of 30-33 year olds who are tried and tested. Else, we will enter another "rebuilding phase" as the now nearly 4 rebuilding phases since 2004 have all failed. We need to buy the glory days back. Being whitewashed by Afghanistan is a fucking disaster, another symbol of everyone overtaking us, whilst we are busy wanking, crying for more games against bigger teams. Sadly you earn your right to sit at the high table.

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

I think the best thing for Zim cricket at the present time looking long term with the people currently running the show would be if ICC cuts the test status again.

It would be absolutely lethal to the current generation of players, although Muzarabani and maybe Burl would probably land on their feet.

However I feel like with Zim rugby the game needs to be taken back by actual fans and realistically the only way i see that happening is if the waterfall of money is cut off and left for the game to reinvent itself along more amateur lines which would likely crush the amount of players in the country sure - but tbh most of these are not and never will be of international standard.

Long term with new administration i think a new era of players would emerge that are fanatical in their desire to make it - im thinking along the lines of recapturing the same sort of spirit as some of the Zim players in the early to mid 80s, yeah they probably wouldnt be good enough but that would take time to develop - most importantly to them would be a board and administration that is vested in their success and hence willing to invest into them.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Why would we want to lose test status, we don’t even play tests anyway and if anything it’s probably our strongest format :lol:

Sorry but I can’t get behind any kind of suspension or going back to being an amateur sport. That’s just asking for total self destruction. Unless you realy do want us to be competing with Swaziland and Ivory Coast.

We just need good people running the game and making good decisions.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:42 am
Why would we want to lose test status, we don’t even play tests anyway and if anything it’s probably our strongest format :lol:

Sorry but I can’t get behind any kind of suspension or going back to being an amateur sport. That’s just asking for total self destruction. Unless you realy do want us to be competing with Swaziland and Ivory Coast.

We just need good people running the game and making good decisions.
ODI is definitely still strongest.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:07 am
sloandog wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:00 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:13 pm
I'm watching until the T20 qualifiers. That is it.

If Zim don't make it to a 16 team world Cup, then I'm out of here. I'm sure then most of us are out of here.
Been here since August 2009. If we don't get in, I'll be joining you.
I love the posters here who give insight from ground zero. Googly, zimfan1, secretzimbo etc, but the forum isn't the same.
I think Maehara may have potentially passed away maybe due to COVID? That's my only theory. Why would you not even respond to e-mails from your own website and clean it up for 2 minutes? Doesn't make sense and this is the only logical theory I can come up with.
The side is in free fall and when Sean Williams eventually retires (unless he already has) and Craig Ervine, we're bidding farewell to not just two excellent servants of Zimbabwe Cricket, but to a solid system that has long long been disbanded and cast aside.
You’ve been threatening to leave as well since August 2009 😅

Although I’ve wondered if Maehara died too. Also I wonder what happened to BRMT.
The reason I fear for the latters health is it seems highly weird how someone who was an obsessed fan, who is an admin of this site, made no appearance here during the Drama earlier this year with Brendan.
Even if he was over it I’m surprise he didn’t make an appearance to close that part of himself out. He had a Brendan Taylor dedicated website!

And if Maehara is dead, then it’s a matter of time until this site one day is not working due to domain name not being renewed. I think I recall him saying it’s yearly at about 80 bucks.
By my calculation that day the site drops off the face of the earth is going to be very close.

This place is a historical treasure chest of records if nothing else so I fear that time. It’s why I haven’t seriously considered a breakaway forum/Reddit sub that is actually moderated.
I've been thinking the same that if there is no one to look after this site, then it might go off any time. I hope we find an alternative.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:

Although I’ve wondered if Maehara died too. Also I wonder what happened to BRMT.
The reason I fear for the latters health is it seems highly weird how someone who was an obsessed fan, who is an admin of this site, made no appearance here during the Drama earlier this year with Brendan.
Even if he was over it I’m surprise he didn’t make an appearance to close that part of himself out. He had a Brendan Taylor dedicated website!

And if Maehara is dead, then it’s a matter of time until this site one day is not working due to domain name not being renewed. I think I recall him saying it’s yearly at about 80 bucks.
By my calculation that day the site drops off the face of the earth is going to be very close.

This place is a historical treasure chest of records if nothing else so I fear that time. It’s why I haven’t seriously considered a breakaway forum/Reddit sub that is actually moderated.
Absolutely it is only a matter of time until the bill stops being paid, or theres a server or problem or something - either way this place will just disappear overnight.

I've long thought about creating a much better fan platform but ultimately theres a lot of nostalgia here that I love (I've been reading for many many many years before I took the plunge and joined) and the archive is fantastic. I often use the search function and read through the treasure trove of history and information from years gone by on here. There's nothing else online like that, it's fantastic. It would be so sad to lose.

The worst thing is that no new members have been approved for over a year! And this forum software is ancient :lol: If it ever does disappear then I'd happily do the legwork to setup a better reincarnation and then work with all the old members to get things running again. But hopefully it doesn't come to that.

If anybody reading this knows either Maehara or BRM offline then it would be nice to let us know if they are okay!

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:57 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

Absolutely it is only a matter of time until the bill stops being paid, or theres a server or problem or something - either way this place will just disappear overnight.

I've long thought about creating a much better fan platform but ultimately theres a lot of nostalgia here that I love (I've been reading for many many many years before I took the plunge and joined) and the archive is fantastic. I often use the search function and read through the treasure trove of history and information from years gone by on here. There's nothing else online like that, it's fantastic. It would be so sad to lose.

The worst thing is that no new members have been approved for over a year! And this forum software is ancient :lol: If it ever does disappear then I'd happily do the legwork to setup a better reincarnation and then work with all the old members to get things running again. But hopefully it doesn't come to that.

If anybody reading this knows either Maehara or BRM offline then it would be nice to let us know if they are okay!
The swiftest way is if you have an agreement with Maehara to take over the rent when that day comes.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Interesting that this conversation has moved from speculating about the death of cricket in Zimbabwe to speculating about death of ZCF admins! :)

Anyway, I hope both of them are hale and hearty and doing well...

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I haven't interacted much with Maehara Or BRM Taylor, but maehara on his forum profile has a link to his personal twitter and his last tweet is in Feb this year. If anyone who knows him can probably look to interact with him on Twitter.