2nd T20I vs Afghanistan, 12th June

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2nd T20I vs Afghanistan, 12th June

Post by secretzimbo »

Kaia batting for the entire 20 overs and finishing with a strike rate of less than 100 is actually appalling, probably the reason we lost.

Most proper teams would drop him for that, but in the Zimbabwean reality he's just secured his place in the team for the next five years :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

This must be the quietest match thread in ZCF history :(

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

7th consecutive defeat in international cricket! Probably we are better off if Zimbabwe don't play as much😁

Anyways there is nothing to laugh about this. I Kaia lost Zim the game, but you never know, others may not have even stuck around, such is the state of things. Still this was another good fight. They are coming close but not quite crossing the line.

I have to say one thing though, Sikki has consistently got the better of Rashid throughout this series, that's a huge positive and he can do some damage in the Qualifiers.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Kaia's 50 was painful to watch. I reckon he deliberately ran himself out there in the end.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:36 pm
Kaia batting for the entire 20 overs and finishing with a strike rate of less than 100 is actually appalling, probably the reason we lost.

Most proper teams would drop him for that, but in the Zimbabwean reality he's just secured his place in the team for the next five years :lol:
Exactly my thoughts too.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

We can't have innocent Kaia Craig ervine chakabva all at once in T20 team ..you should have one or at Max two ..power hitting is totally dependent on Raza and burl most of the times they just have too much to do ..jongwe's batting has fallen off completely. Get Myers mandane for the next game make some changes

Googly

Post by Googly »

I missed the game, but just going through the scorecard.
Really surprised to see Ndlovu and DT in the side.
It seems that DT will be favored as an all-rounder over Evans for the foreseeable future. Plenty of guys have done a lot less than Evans and had extended opportunities. In my view he has more potential than quite a few of our players, but either that opinion is not shared or there are other factors in play.
The starting eleven for the next game is going to be equally frustrating I would think.
Burl was the most economical but only bowled 3 overs?
Getting a run a ball 50 only looks presentable if you win. It's not easy out there though, they've got quality bowlers. ZC will be happy with what looks like an acceptable losing margin.
Marumani looked like he played quite well, at least he got a game.

Afghanistan have figured us out more than we've figured them out. They're learning more than we are. I predict the next game will be an even bigger margin.
This next game is a dead rubber, they should give a couple of other guys a shot.

Donald

Post by Donald »

I liked what i saw of marumani. Think 3 is a good position for him.
Innocent got his highest 20 20 score. Even domestically. That it took so long was very painful. Probably lost the game there. He will get better though.. Remember his first ODI
Tiripano offers nothing.
Drop him for myers next match. At least myers has a bit of bite in his bowling.
Raza played well again. Would be nice if zolsky posts his stats from last few games 😂😂😂

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:55 pm

Raza played well again. Would be nice if zolsky posts his stats from last few games 😂😂😂
:lol:

Seems like that worked. We need him to have a pop at Ervine and Reggie next :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

ZC should post everyone's stats, including their own-
How much money they've received, what they've done with it and win loss ratios over the last couple of decades.
Their opinion appears to be that they've done a sterling job. To claim they're magnificent administrators, but the personnel they've chosen keep letting them down is bizarre. In an unsubsidized corporate world that would be the end of the road for the business and all management, they'd be pariahs. Would any of our admin be able to approach another board and say - here's my CV, let me run your set up and take you to new heights.
ZC is staring down the biggest collapse in a country's cricketing fortunes ever and the only thing they can do is try and apportion blame.

I think the one thing you'll find in common with all the lesser boards is that they pay themselves significantly more than the players and treat the players as less than them. A suit, pointy shoes and an expensive car makes you very important in this neck of the woods.