Dave Houghton Head Coach

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Reverse_Sweep

Re: Dave Houghton Head Coach

Post by Reverse_Sweep »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:51 pm
Well it's not a struggle here if you are on a national team contract! Those guys are getting handsomely paid nowadays. Moor's family is very rich anyway - they have fingers in a lot of pies, gambling/bookies especially.

And ya times are tough and the problems are endless here but it's still a better place to live than Ireland surely :lol: I know where I'd rather be!
How is Zimbabwe better than Ireland for living? Ireland is a first world country.
Bangladeshi Man

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Have you been to Zimbabwe?

Weather, people, landscape, natural beauty.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Zimbawe has amazing beauty and weather so in that sense, yes, better for living.

Living is not just that though. It's about economy, corruption, affordability, education, employment, security, healthcare. A lot of these things don't exist in Zim and that's what tips the scales.

Not everyone in Zim, including some middle classes, will have access to those things. Yet, even the poor in Ireland have access to majority of those things or support to try and build up to or obtain those things.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:54 am
Zimbawe has amazing beauty and weather so in that sense, yes, better for living.

Living is not just that though. It's about economy, corruption, affordability, education, employment, security, healthcare. A lot of these things don't exist in Zim and that's what tips the scales.

Not everyone in Zim, including some middle classes, will have access to those things. Yet, even the poor in Ireland have access to majority of those things or support to try and build up to or obtain those things.
In the case of an apparently rather wealthy guy like Peter Moor which SZ was referring to, Zimbabwe must be still a much better place to live. But yeah of course for the general population ZImbabwe must suck pretty hard

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Why u going of topic
Ireland 🇮🇪 is better than Zimbabwe to live there, to take a shitt there ( no Blair toilets I heard of(( , freedom of speech ( people are not getting murdered for their political views just because,
Actually never been to Ireland so why I am interested because Potholes in Zimbabwe are so big kids play hide and seek in them..
I heard the Malawi gvt apologized to it's citizens for a power outrage in the Nation, that's in Malawi 🇲🇼

Let's talk about Dave helping Zim Cricket

:W: :W:

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

2nd and third world countries are good to live in IF you have a decent revenue stream.
Problem is by definition, most unfortunately do not have that.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Always nice to read people slating your country :lol: I’m guessing one or two of the posters haven’t ever even been here :lol: :lol:

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Now that Houghton's back, do you think he'd have any pull on Ballance, with him being his nephew and all?

Googly

Post by Googly »

By all accounts they're going to soldier on with the existing team, certainly for these qualifiers.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:09 am
Why u going of topic
Ireland 🇮🇪 is better than Zimbabwe to live there, to take a shitt there ( no Blair toilets I heard of(( , freedom of speech ( people are not getting murdered for their political views just because,
Actually never been to Ireland so why I am interested because Potholes in Zimbabwe are so big kids play hide and seek in them..
I heard the Malawi gvt apologized to it's citizens for a power outrage in the Nation, that's in Malawi 🇲🇼

Let's talk about Dave helping Zim Cricket

:W: :W:
Standard stuff from the peanut gallery.