Dave Houghton Head Coach

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Dave Houghton Head Coach

Post by sloandog »

Just seen a clip of Brad Evans bowling absolute heat in the NPL. On a dead Harare track. Why tf is he being ignored by the brains trust

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don't think 240kph would be good enuf.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

About half the players from the winning Lions team as well as a load of other youngsters are spending a few months this winter in India apparently. Chigumbura Academy tour

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I think Evans will be in the qualifiers squad . They can’t possibly pick Tiripano again! Surely!

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:53 pm
Always nice to read people slating your country :lol: I’m guessing one or two of the posters haven’t ever even been here :lol: :lol:
:lol: Fair enough

Donald

Post by Donald »

I dont know much about brads variations. Maybe take a look at him in the 50 over stuff.

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

He seems to bowl quite short as his natural length which at his pace is plenty quick enough at the current domestic level but I'm not sure how well that would translate internationally really - he reminds me of a right arm George Garton alot actually

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:45 pm
I think Evans will be in the qualifiers squad . They can’t possibly pick Tiripano again! Surely!
I hope so. Evans is a better option than both Don and Jongwe ans it is quite common sense esp with his team winning the NPL title Evans should be favt.

I'll personally keep Mumba in the scheme of things as well, as I've said before. May not make the squad but surely should be a part of the A teams. He is a clean hitter lower down who can't possibly do worse in bowling than Jongwe and Tiripano.

I don't know but I've suddenly lost hope in Tiripano after that Afghanistan series.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:53 pm
Always nice to read people slating your country :lol: I’m guessing one or two of the posters haven’t ever even been here :lol: :lol:
Not sure who this is aimed at, but I think the lack of honest reflection of Zim is one of the things holding it back.

As for the cricket, Houghton is in a very tight spot. The only players talked about as coming back are all white players. You just know if things don't work, ZC and their cronies will roll out the racism card yet again. We are in a cycle that is helpful to no one and the worst thing is that heaps of players are being lost to the game.

BugsBunny

Post by BugsBunny »

I do agree on Mumba based on the last few performances. Tiripano is a good player, but based on stats, he is ideal for Test Cricket.
Also is Cephas Zhuwao still an option? We do need some powerful hitting at the start.