Zimbabweans in the UK/Europe Club Cricket (2022)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zimbabweans in the UK/Europe Club Cricket (2022)

Post by Googly »

Jacks gone cheaply. Willey is such a clever bowler. Two more early wickets and Yorkshite could pull this off.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Amazing game of cricket. Jeez
What a final over !!!

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Unreal atmosphere

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:55 pm
Cmon Sables, give us something good tonite!!!!!
Watching the Blast on my phone and rugby on TV :lol:
Is Rugby broadcast on Zim free to air tv?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Sables played well. Namibia are decent. I know about 3 of those players only, that's how rugby has dwindled here, its a background sport. We used to play some big international teams, man.
I used to know every player for about 15 years.
There isn't a sport, apart from Polo X that hasn't been massacred. I guess it's a matter of time before it's branded an elitist sport and free horses are demanded, plus they could probably be eaten after the game.

This game was on ZBC apparently, but I watched it on DSTv.
I try and avoid our TV and radio, despite being forced to pay listener's license. We have one TV station that spouts politics for about an hour a day and then the balance is made of 1956 Chinese movies and the worst local music videos imaginable. I'm not joking if I tell you it's possibly the worst TV station in the world.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Our one and only Nick Mangwana, desperate to come up with something positive, that isn't an outright lie, was urging the nation to watch the game on TV and the retort of the night was- which channel? :lol:

We only have one, and as stated, it's the worst one in the galaxy by a huge margin. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see Mr Mliswa is on the horse again about race in rugby, suggesting our white coach needs replacing with a black one. It's close to his heart because his repeated attempts to take over were thwarted. Now he's an MP with much grander ambitions it's now beneath him, other than to stir the pot because it brings back a flood of embarrassing memories.
Why not replace the white players as well, maybe they deliberately sabotaged the game? It was done before and ended so well, why stop at the coach?
Also the fact that it was "liberated" from the whites is the main criteria, the fact that liberation made it broken beyond repair is completely inconsequential. It will never be fixed in the next 10 lifetimes. They also seem to rely on players that don't play rugby here or even live here :lol: At least they got that part right.
Nobody had to liberate anything, all they had to do was integrate players, coaches and admin over a period, all would still be well. It would have been a painful process , but liberation has turned out to be an absolute disaster for everything. INTEGRATION was the word they were after. The cost of Liberation has been disaster on every front, they'd have you believe not, but all evidence points to the contrary. If we'd fought the War of Integration there would have been no blood spilt and we'd all be in a better place, barring the elites who continue convincing everyone it was worth it.
And lo and behold he wants to ban international rugby and start afresh from grassroots.
I don't think anyone in Zimbabwe has a clue what grass roots means. Grass roots anything costs millions of dollars, which is obviously attractive to whoever controls the funding :lol:
Is it bush rugby, like the bush cricket that is constantly proposed? Who would implement it and who would bother playing it and who would fund it or coach it? What competitions would they play? 5 years of bush rugby and we'd be more than ready for the Old Blacks, this is a great strategy.

Googly

Post by Googly »

As soon as Sam Curran is under pressure he resorts to shots well behind square. There probably wasn't much else he could have attempted, but he would have done it again shortly thereafter. He's good enuf just to smack them down the ground, but he doesn't when he's feeling the pinch.
I dunno how Tymal Mills is in that side. Again a good player, but there's better out there.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:33 pm
I see Mr Mliswa is on the horse again about race in rugby, suggesting our white coach needs replacing with a black one. It's close to his heart because his repeated attempts to take over were thwarted. Now he's an MP with much grander ambitions it's now beneath him, other than to stir the pot because it brings back a flood of embarrassing memories.
Why not replace the white players as well, maybe they deliberately sabotaged the game? It was done before and ended so well, why stop at the coach?
Also the fact that it was "liberated" from the whites is the main criteria, the fact that liberation made it broken beyond repair is completely inconsequential. It will never be fixed in the next 10 lifetimes. They also seem to rely on players that don't play rugby here or even live here :lol: At least they got that part right.
Nobody had to liberate anything, all they had to do was integrate players, coaches and admin over a period, all would still be well. It would have been a painful process , but liberation has turned out to be an absolute disaster for everything. INTEGRATION was the word they were after. The cost of Liberation has been disaster on every front, they'd have you believe not, but all evidence points to the contrary. If we'd fought the War of Integration there would have been no blood spilt and we'd all be in a better place, barring the elites who continue convincing everyone it was worth it.
And lo and behold he wants to ban international rugby and start afresh from grassroots.
I don't think anyone in Zimbabwe has a clue what grass roots means. Grass roots anything costs millions of dollars, which is obviously attractive to whoever controls the funding :lol:
Is it bush rugby, like the bush cricket that is constantly proposed? Who would implement it and who would bother playing it and who would fund it or coach it? What competitions would they play? 5 years of bush rugby and we'd be more than ready for the Old Blacks, this is a great strategy.
I saw that. I think it speaks volumes that pretty much every single response derided him for making it a race thing. These ZANU guys know no bounds in their racism and prejudice. They don't care about Zim progress, just their own self-interests.

He also put his tweet out there despite it being completely false and peddling lies. Dawson has not been in charge of the team for the last 4 campaigns. That would mean he has been in charge for at least 12 years, which is completely untrue.

Zim Rugby also had a majority black side, and despite the loss, was decently competitive against Namibia, who are a much better Rugby side. Also, doing away with internationals would be insane. It would serve no purpose and also set rugby back about 10 years. These ZANU guys are absolute idiots.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Jeez Somerset have just posted 265 in the quarter finals of the Blast. That was bloody savage. And that was with Scrimshaw's 4 overs only going for 16.