Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Donald »

What we would do for a matigimu right about now to improve our fast bowling stocks 😔😔

Anyone got the titans number? 😂

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:51 pm
They'll pick Tiripano and Chivanga again anyway. You know it, I know it, we all know it :lol:
Exactly, I don’t know why we bother discussing it :lol:

Donald

Post by Donald »

Is there any wildcards for the series do you reckon?

Donald

Post by Donald »

Nyauchi is quite a good shout actually. He has improved a great deal in white ball cricket. He didnt do a lot in nepal mind. Maybe pitches did not assist the swing he gets

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see there are calls for Kohli to play against Zim to regain form. That's f£#&* rude. Hopefully he gets knocked over repeatedly for not much.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:18 am
I see there are calls for Kohli to play against Zim to regain form. That's f£#&* rude. Hopefully he gets knocked over repeatedly for not much.
Imagine Donald Tiripano getting him out cheaply…. Career over :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

And another 5 years for The Don
That's a free farm for anyone getting Kohli.....

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yes, the fans and administration here doesn't seem to rate Zimbabwe much, that could play into the hands of Zimbabwe if there is complacency on the part of players as well.

Without Blessing Muzarabani and Chatara , the bowling attack looks thin though and if ever there was a time for the the fringe players to step up, it is now. Blessing is a world class bowler while Chatara's experience will be hugely missed.

Googly

Post by Googly »

He's not accurate enough to be a world class bowler.
Hes certainly tough to face, has plenty wicket taking deliveries, but he doesn't bowl tight enuf. If you want the luxury of bowling a a few wayward deliveries then you need to be bowling 150.
If we played enough games and our domestic batsmen could put away those bad deliveries more consistently he'd tighten up. I think there's room for improvement and I think he's good enough to do just that. Ditto for Ngarava, plus as I always say, he needs to get the inswinger to the right handers. The most consistent is Evans according to his domestic stats.
If we had two or three seamers that gave the batters very little in their spells then you've got the basis of a reasonable bowling attack.

It's the same for our spin attack. They'll all give you one shit delivery an over at best.
The difference between 5 good deliveries an over and 6 is massive.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Blessing is the 5th highest wicket taker in the Super League so far with 28 wickets in 15 matches at an average just under 23. Despite all this I still don't think we have seen his best version in a while.