Bangladesh squads for ZIM tour

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Bangladesh squads for ZIM tour

Post by zimlover »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:57 am
B Curran is surely quite unlikely? He’s a citizen by descent, not birth. So he can’t hold dual nationality and he’d have to resign his British citizenship to get a Zim passport which is a pretty big and risky life choice right there.

The others were all born here so don’t have that problem.

Is this a verified fact? I thought dual citizenship was allowed for all Zimbabweans.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

zimlover wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:38 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:57 am
B Curran is surely quite unlikely? He’s a citizen by descent, not birth. So he can’t hold dual nationality and he’d have to resign his British citizenship to get a Zim passport which is a pretty big and risky life choice right there.

The others were all born here so don’t have that problem.

Is this a verified fact? I thought dual citizenship was allowed for all Zimbabweans.
Maybe the law has changed, not sure. It used to distinguish between 'citizenship by birth' and 'citizenship by descent'. The former can hold dual nationality, the latter can not. But maybe it has changed?

Donald

Post by Donald »

Reckon that nick welch and also dusty melton should be low hanging fruit.
I would be excited to see welch in the 20 20 side at the world cup. He has the goods in that format

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:48 pm
I would be excited to see welch in the 20 20 side at the world cup. He has the goods in that format
Someone reliable told me the other day that Melton is probably coming to try out for a franchise side here for sure. Injury-dependent though. A much less reliable source says that Welch has been offered a ZC contract but I'm not sure on that, seems a bit soon as we don't know his Leicestershire future yet.

Ballance rumours have been strong since the qualifier final last week and people are getting excited. But there are two big problems - his recent racism thing and how some people here might react, and secondly; his long-term (and expensive) contract at Yorkshire which still has three seasons to run.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Melton and Welch are two of the three I've been told, may as well say it. I don't think the latter has been offered anything by ZC but I do know his recent form in the T20's in the Blast has opened up a lot of eyes and made people take note.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Not sure about Ballance. I've not heard anything from my source

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Funny thing was that about 2 years ago approached ZC and asked for details about the size of a contract they could give him.

ZC never got back to him.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:24 pm
Donald wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:48 pm
Someone reliable told me the other day that Melton is probably coming to try out for a franchise side here for sure. Injury-dependent though. A much less reliable source says that Welch has been offered a ZC contract but I'm not sure on that, seems a bit soon as we don't know his Leicestershire future yet.

Ballance rumours have been strong since the qualifier final last week and people are getting excited. But there are two big problems - his recent racism thing and how some people here might react, and secondly; his long-term (and expensive) contract at Yorkshire which still has three seasons to run.
Ballance and Yorkshire has mutual termination with a large settlement written all over it.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Raza must be a dual Pakistani/Zim citizen?

Googly

Post by Googly »

All Ballance has to say is that his racism was only directed at a brown guy and not a black guy and everyone will go- oh all right then, nothing to see here, moving swiftly along :lol:
The sheer cheek of that guy appropriating racism :lol: