zimbabwe v bangladesh

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: zimbabwe v bangladesh

Post by Googly »

Maybe he's just in the 20 man squad and won't get close to the final XI? I'm hazarding a guess that he's been in a poor frame of mind for a long time and just being in the squad will help him immensely mentally. One would have to be watching the practices to see how he's doing and what's going on.
In my view any one of Chakabva, Ervine, Shumba and Madhevere are very replaceable in T20, they've been so inconsistent. Unless you're a banger, like my new hero Stubbs, you have to think in T20 and be able to adapt and adjust in order to be vaguely consistent and to go at a good strike rate. Chakabva and Ervine can both get really bogged down by tight bowling up front and its a worry. You just have to free your mind and go at at least one ball an over. Ervine has a bad habit of going boundary single regardless of the quality of that single delivery. I'm not suggesting Tari is going to open :lol:, I just know that Tari is a really talented guy and they're hard to find.
I watched him open in a 50 over game with Byrom a few years ago and he played way better than Ed. I dont think that would happen now, but Tari has lots of potential.

It would seem Marumani is not doing that well in the practices if he's not being selected. He hits it clean and hard so his non selection has been odd. I'd like to think ZC aren't going to meddle in selections for a little while.

Hong Kong played Kent Seconds yesterday in a 50 over. Kent posted 390 and rolled HK for 140. In this RL 50 over comp, weather permitting, there are going to be plenty games where sides will post close to 400. There are some spooky batsmen coming through the English system. Scores of over 300 are becoming the order of the day. We have a lot of work to do to get to that level.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Musakanda just did a podcast interview with Dean. He is very much in the squad.

He has his verdict hearing on 12th August :o

He confirmed that he killed a pedestrian in an accident whilst driving in January 2022. Does not sound that any alcohol was involved.

Amazed that he is invthe squad before the final verdict.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

For how many years can Tary live off the ‘he’s a talented guy’ tag though? He’s 27 and has played very few innings of note in five years.

36 international innings and he’s scored over 40 just twice.

Also as noted he’s literally up for culpable homicide and from what I’ve heard pretty likely to get sent down for it

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

For context he was the 25th highest run scorer in our domestic T20 this year.

What a kick in the teeth for all the guys out there

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:40 am
For how many years can Tary live off the ‘he’s a talented guy’ tag though? He’s 27 and has played very few innings of note in five years.

36 international innings and he’s scored over 40 just twice.

Also as noted he’s literally up for culpable homicide and from what I’ve heard pretty likely to get sent down for it
He will probably get community service. That's just how Zim is.

On the cricket front yes he has a lot to prove. I think the Jersey game kind of put him above the rest because even our main guys struggled against them.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well when you put it like that it doesn't look too good :lol:
Ya at 27 you're out of excuses.
That podcast sounded like he was actually going to get game time.

I was just reading up about culpable homicide. It's the go to charge in any road accident that results in death, but in order to make it stick the cops have to prove negligence.
The most obvious way these days is if they can prove the driver was on his phone or speeding, both of which are not easy to do. The phone thing is easy if there are witnesses prepared to testify. I don't know the circumstances at all though. Whenever you see some dickhead driving poorly and you overtake, the person is invariably on his phone, either talking or even worse, typing a message.

I don't know what the sentence is here, but in other countries it seems to be 3 years! The pedestrians here are a nightmare. What amazes me is how the vendors at traffic lights don't get wiped out daily.
Where he went wrong was failing to report the accident, but he did take the guy to hospital which will go a long way to helping his cause.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:44 am
For context he was the 25th highest run scorer in our domestic T20 this year.

What a kick in the teeth for all the guys out there
Also averaged just 12 in this years Pro50.

And just the one half century all season in the Logan Cup.

The funny thing is, we've been talking about potential white imports and how they 'might have to score runs in domestic cricket first'. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya exactly. :lol:
And anyone can have a shit run, even against mediocre bowling. You're only ever one ball away from going out.