Gary ballance bombshell switch

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Gary ballance bombshell switch

Post by Donald »

Cant find the link but in the daily mail it states that paperwork was submitted at start of year for Gary Ballance to play for zimbabwe in time for 20 20 world cup. It states this is a bombshell switch

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Gary ballance bombshell switch

Post by secretzimbo »

Yeah there's a lot of talk in some whatsapp groups about him over the last 2 weeks or so. If he gets charged by the ECB and his appeal fails then Yorkshire are likely to sack him.....

Some guys in Zim are very confident he's coming back.

As for 'paperwork' - I think thats the Daily Mail just guessing. What paperwork? To switch country in international cricket as far as I know there is one form and submit some evidence of passport/residency etc. It can be done in a week or two. Why would he have done it 'months ago' - whilst still being 'English' for Yorkshire purposes?

Sounds to me like someone at the Daily Mail has seen the rumour from a Zim whatsapp/facebook group (or forum? ;) ) and ran with it.
Last edited by secretzimbo on Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Sounds like it is going to happen at some point.

Great for the team on the face of things but potentially a whole can of worms for ZC and I worry about things turning toxic. How long until a 'Rhodesian takeover' headline?

Donald

Post by Donald »

What's the odds on Nick Welch coming back this year? 😀😀

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:00 pm
Sounds like it is going to happen at some point.

Great for the team on the face of things but potentially a whole can of worms for ZC and I worry about things turning toxic. How long until a 'Rhodesian takeover' headline?
Then you would know the instructions for the headline came from ZC. If they were told to report that Zimbabwe lost yesterday because 3 legged orange goats invaded the pitch then that's what their headlines would all read :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:59 pm
Yeah there's a lot of talk in some whatsapp groups about him over the last 2 weeks or so. If he gets charged by the ECB and his appeal fails then Yorkshire are likely to sack him.....

Some guys in Zim are very confident he's coming back.

As for 'paperwork' - I think thats the Daily Mail just guessing. What paperwork? To switch country in international cricket as far as I know there is one form and submit some evidence of passport/residency etc. It can be done in a week or two. Why would he have done it 'months ago' - whilst still being 'English' for Yorkshire purposes?

Sounds to me like someone at the Daily Mail has seen the rumour from a Zim whatsapp/facebook group (or forum? ;) ) and ran with it.
I did laugh at one tweet from a group paid to sing from the Zanu hymn sheet. They write the most toxic outrageous lies, i dont know why i torment myself reading their shit in the build up to these elections. Actually the lies come from all directions. Politics is ugly and the people who play it are the worst. It's the scramble for kingship and obscene wealth.

People actually want to be lorded over, it's really weird, it must satisfy some primitive desire in most people to have powerful people they have to hold in awe. These rallies are so bizarre. Chamisa even thinks he's ordained by his God.
They all want to be living deities.

The tweet was- All Hail The Chevrons. :lol:
Clearly the guy reads this forum. :lol:
It's not All Hail The Chevrons it's ALL HAIL DAVE!!!

It's how it works here, what they really want to hear is All Hail ZC for being so smart as to choose Dave, but alas they can't undo 25 years of gross mismanagement and pilfering.

ALL HAIL DAVE!! ALL HAIL DAVE!! ALL HAIL DAVE!!

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Googly wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:51 am

It's how it works here, what they really want to hear is All Hail ZC for being so smart as to choose Dave, but alas they can't undo 25 years of gross mismanagement and pilfering.

ALL HAIL DAVE!! ALL HAIL DAVE!! ALL HAIL DAVE!!
You were doing OK until this point, now the Leaders are after you :shock:

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

Did someone say he was not a good T20 player? He apparently just smashed 95 runs off 25 balls in a game against Northumberland.

He's the type of player that could make a significant difference to the team, ala Goodwin and Johnson in the late 90s

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Will be absolutely brilliant if Ballance comes back, will surely add a lot of value to the side.