Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 1st ODI /2022 August 5

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 1st ODI /2022 August 5

Post by zimbos_05 »

Did not expect to wake up to that result. Kaia surprised me. Have to hope he finds some consistency. That is generally our problem. A lack of consistency among our players and too much reliance on a few. I was thinking how lacking our depth is when I saw the side.

Just to touch on Wes. When I said he needs to be better managed, I got told off quite a bit. Everyone kept saying he just needs to be thrusted in the side for all formats. Talent does not equal skill. Marnus is a perfect example for Wes to follow. Marnus had all the talent, but its been nurtured properly. Marnus also breathes the sport. He is putting in the extra work himself and does not wait just for training. Wes needs to be doing that too.

We often find raw talent, but we have no idea how to develop it, hence why so many players go on to have sub-standard careers. We definitely need a better coaching and training set up, hopefully Dave puts it into place and properly.

Have to also wonder what is happening in the fitness department that players keep getting injured regularly.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

tej_27 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:16 pm
sikandar Raza has hit BT level consistency when he was at his peak
I'm hoping that it is even better, without wanting to jinx it. BT looked vulnerable initially even when in great form but Raza seems more confident, like Williams. But yeah, nothing like him caring this form into the matches against India and Australia...

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Hi Guys! Remember me :D

Hope everyone is doing well, I obviously haven't been online for a while but I have been watching the games and keeping tabs of the results since Houghton came back as coach (thank god Rajpot is gone).

The difference Dave has made to the players is crazy to see, I thought the qualifiers were great to see the team play with such aggression, but I thought against greater opposition (Bangladesh) they would fall back to getting beat.

But the fact they've beaten BD in a t20 series for the first time ever and also won an ODI against them for the first time since 2013 when Vusi and Sean got them home (crazy to think Zim hasn't eaten BD for 9-years) is really very encouraging.

Hopefully they'll win another ODI and clinch the series, that really would give them a massive boost before India B turn up for the ODI series.

Far out Raza is a star, such a legend!

And wow Innocent Kaia :o :o :o I know there wasn't many people here (if any including myself) ever thought he'd make it, let alone score an ODI century. But he looks really good, very strong, much like Hamilton imo.

Anyways as I said hope everyone is well, and I'll make sure to drop in more often :lol:
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Big wes fan here as many can probably tell but the guy needs to be dropped if not dropped down the order. His fielding is whats pissed me off. You cannot field like that at international level at all. There is no excuse. Poor Shumba has to continually bat way down the order with little to no chance to build proper innings with no pressure and Wes has repeatedly wasted these opportunities. Would not drop anyone else though. Perhaps Wellington for Brad Evans as much as I like him because of the sheer choice we have in spin bowling part-timers.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

I`ve also begun to lost hope in the Regis experiment. He was good at the start and certainly has the ability but he just hasnt had the consistency required. Think he might be better in the middle order

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Always good to see ya Jay. I had us winning 3-0 in a canter and just wanna say enjoy the newfound resilience in the Houghton era.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:39 am
I`ve also begun to lost hope in the Regis experiment. He was good at the start and certainly has the ability but he just hasnt had the consistency required. Think he might be better in the middle order
Yes, at least one back up WKB is needed. Zimbabwe seem to have none atm. In fact if Regis retires then there literally no one to replace him.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:15 pm
Jongwe has become a really good cricketer :6: :4:
And some Indian coach thought Tiripano was a better option over Jongwe...

Innocent Kaia scored a half century early this early but people complained that it was slow and blamed him for losing the match...

The Kaia Brothers have been good servants for Zimbabwe domestic cricket..Roy Kaia backed his way into the National team as a all rounder but was quickly discarded because of bowling action..

If Burl is injured may be Evans can replace him
Instead of benching Musakanda drop him to 7th and move Shumba up to 4th let him and Madhevere battle it out
While dropping Chakabva to 6

1Madhevere
2Chakabva
3Innocent Kaia
4M shumba
5 Raza
6Jongwe
7 Musakanda - bowling options Munyonga if needed
8 Welly
9 Evans if Burl is injured
10 Nyauchi
11 Ngarava

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

1. Wes
2. Kaia
3.chakabva
4. shumba
5.raza
6. tsiga
7. burl
8. jongwe
9. Evans
10. ngarava
11. nyauchi
tsiga is better player in middle & wk also

Donald

Post by Donald »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:20 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:39 am
Yes, at least one back up WKB is needed. Zimbabwe seem to have none atm. In fact if Regis retires then there literally no one to replace him.
Dane schadedorff perhaps if houghton can work his magic?