Where is Brian vittori?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Where is Brian vittori?

Post by sam_ahm »

Googly wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:42 pm
Why do you support Zim? Do you have Zim ties?

I guess my next favourite team is Sri Lanka? Not sure really.
I've always been a great fan of Jayasuriya, Sangakkara, Dilshan and Da Silva, they were great batsmen and nearly always in an underdog role.
For me it was probably because as kids you always tend to support the underdogs and Zimbabwe were the team you always loved watching win over the bigger guns during the 90s and early 00s, so for me it was very sad to see them go down the way they did, in addition to that I was a fan of Andy Flower and Heath Streak, Andy in particular was an unbelievably good cricketer.

One common thing will also be that Zimbabwean players have always been humble, I don't remember a single instance of them being arrogant or abusive, they are like the ones who just can't hate! So naturally we started liking them.

And Googly, I don't think you need to have ties, I mean I was a die hard fan of Andre Agassi and I'm not his relative nor have anything to do with USA 😂

I've been a huge huge fan of Wasim Akram too, as a kid I started watching cricket because of him and Sachin, and he is a Pakistani... But for me sports never sees any boundaries.

chetanpatel1981

Post by chetanpatel1981 »

Yes ..i am a big fan of zimbabwe cricket. My great respect to flower brothers, Campbell, Taibu,charls Coventry, Marilier, Hamilton mazakadza, Tailor, Raza, Williams, madhvere, Vittori(i dont know about others, but I have noticed skill in him)

I was from VNSGU,Surat - India which a university and more then 150 colleges was under it.

Now, I am 41 yrs. This when I was 25-28 and I was the FASTEST bowler in unvercity amongs those 150+ colleges.
But at that time, there were very limited chances in cricket because no IPL.

Due to weak financial condition of my family , my father told me to quit cricket and to keep concentrate in study.

If at that time , if I had concentrate in cricket then it my confidence and i am sure that I may got to play 4 to 5 IPL seasos .

I had delivered 150 or 153 kph very easily. Very very easily.
Having multiple variations also. My higest speed was 159 kph and not for one time.

Anyways, it's luck also. But now I am in good potion in big IT mnc.

Guys you can't believe,. Andy flower, Tailor, Taibu, and nail jonson are greatest batsman in the world. Their techniques and skills were excellent and matching with Sachin, Lara, Steve wagh...

Olanga, Ray price, stick and bradiss were best in bowling in the world.

We have lost them...we had a player in the past . Only a cricketer can feel that pain.

Sorry for my bad English.

Love toward zimbabwe cricket form heart and not from mind.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Is there any footage?
Clocking 159 is impressive. That would have made you the quickest in the world.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:41 am
Is there any footage?
Clocking 159 is impressive. That would have made you the quickest in the world.
:shock:

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

161.3 is fastest ball - shoaib aktar

chetanpatel1981

Thanks all,

Currently no footage with me. Planning to connect university if they can help me by providing any footage.

Because, I know we were measured and track by special talent hunt team.

Next, i am 41, i have never bowling since 2020.

chetanpatel1981

See,. To throw 155 to 160 is easy if you are delivering the same type of bowling.

There are 100s of bowlers can easily through 160 kph
But what is very difficult is delivering with multiple varients.

Like it's too much difficult to throw a yorkar, a bouncer, short ball, swings,many more at 160 kph. Here in academy comes to train you and your speed will getting decreased or in short you may not able to get or maintain the 155+ also.

Multiple factors are applied here - your mindset, your stemina, your action of bowling, your run-up, your final jump while delevring, Your body and hand movements etc.

Here were sohib akhtar, breat lee, tait and others are successful

chetanpatel1981

Please be clear with the difference between talent va product.

Talents are skill full but products are more consistent.

Babar Azam, Kohli, Williamson, Andy flower , Sachin, macgrath, Rasid (Afghanistan) are the products

Tailor, Raza, muzarbani are the talents.

After lots of experience, exposure , a talent become the product

We are so many talents - innosent Kaia, madhvere, tiripano, KK, prince masvaure(extremely talented, but I don't know why Zimbabwe not working on him), sumba, burl, muzarbani,

But currently only one product - Sikandar Raza.

We need this talents to become well finished products.

Guys, we are having good players...but they are not improving or not learning by their mistakes. We can not blame ZC board each time. Its these players have to develop themselves.

One century in 10 innings is not called as even a talent. But latest 3 in 10 innings can consider as Talent. 5 as product.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I was thinking that if you can still get it around 150 and effort ball around 155 I could probably arrange for you to get a Zim passport within a week. Even at 41, assuming you lose 2kph per year due to arthritis you'd still be our quickest bowler by a distance by the 2027 WC. Perhaps if you posted a video so I can forward it to the selectors and Home Office so they can process your application. If you could include some of your variations that would also be useful.
Can you hold a bat? There are a couple of slots available. 5 is taken, but if they like what they see you could probably choose any of the others. Please provide an unedited 15 min net session for perusal.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Googly wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:40 am
I was thinking that if you can still get it around 150 and effort ball around 155 I could probably arrange for you to get a Zim passport within a week. Even at 41, assuming you lose 2kph per year due to arthritis you'd still be our quickest bowler by a distance by the 2027 WC. Perhaps if you posted a video so I can forward it to the selectors and Home Office so they can process your application. If you could include some of your variations that would also be useful.
Can you hold a bat? There are a couple of slots available. 5 is taken, but if they like what they see you could probably choose any of the others. Please provide an unedited 15 min net session for perusal.
:lol: :lol: and that was the Googly