Is ray price facing financial problems?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
chetanpatel1981

Is ray price facing financial problems?

Post by chetanpatel1981 »

As true Zimbabwe cricket lover, today I was searching in you tube for ray price .

By watching one video, I was shocked 😳😲
Ray price is facing financial problems and as per pic, he is running one cricketing shop.

Plus, he is also in AC repairing.

Is it true? Our legends are where??

Googly

Re: Is ray price facing financial problems?

Post by Googly »

If you send me money I will pass it onto him, all donations gratefully received, he needs new fishing gear..

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

Googly wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:04 pm
If you send me money I will pass it onto him, all donations gratefully received, he needs new fishing gear..
:lol:

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

chetanpatel1981 wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:52 pm
As true Zimbabwe cricket lover, today I was searching in you tube for ray price .

Ray price is facing financial problems and as per pic, he is running one cricketing shop.

What are you on about? He's ran his own shop for the best part of 10 years since retiring.
What video are you referring to

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:36 pm
chetanpatel1981 wrote:

What are you on about? He's ran his own shop for the best part of 10 years since retiring.
What video are you referring to
I think this guy is trolling, he definitely comes with hot takes here!
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I found the video on youtube. It's from an Indian News company so it's all in Hindi. Unable to translate, but the blurb about it is that Ray is a shop owner who also fixes ACs to help him with income.

To be honest, it's not the most far fetched thing. I can't imagine these guys got paid overly well as pros, particularly during the period he played, and the economy in the country is so shit, that even if they did get a fair chunk of money, chances are it would have devalued quickly.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Even if a player was on 10k a month gross, thats probably 7k after deductions, if you're trying to raise a family and send kids to private schools you're not getting much change out of 6k. That leaves savings of 1k. The day you quit cricket you need a job and you've probably got limited other skills and your next job is not paying that. At 8k we're talking about 3 players at that level. What about the other zim players on less than half of that? More than half the Zim players probably don't even own a car, let alone a house.
What about the franchise players on half of that again and for only 5 months of the year?
Just the food bill for a family of 5 if you eat western food is close to 2k. Less than half a supermarket trolley is $300. Food here is double the cost of SA and 3 to 4 times more expensive than UK.
I actually have no idea how people survive here. If you're not hustling you're sinking.

If you could offer the franchise players a 9 to 5 job that earned them 3k a month 12 months of the year, domestic cricket would cease to exist that same day.
Groundsmen are probably on $150 a month, similar salaries to government teachers and junior doctors, take off $2 a day for transport and they're surviving on $3 a day and most are married with kids. It is one of life's mysteries.

Googly

Post by Googly »

So in order to live in the leafy suburbs, send 3 kids to private schools, own your own house and have two decent vehicles and live moderately you'd need to be the highest paid cricketer in Zimbabwe. There were no mortgages, hire purchase plans etc etc here. Just recently theyve started Nostra mortgages but you have to be earning big dollars to qualify. You pay cash. Just to put a family on a decent offshore medical aid (and you'd be a fool not to if you can afford it) is 10k a year.
Zim is an extremely difficult place to live half decently.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

chetanpatel1981 wrote:
Ray price is facing financial problems
Do you know anything about Zimbabwe the country?

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

This guys a troll but doing it subtlely.

Well played.

But dont overstay the welcome.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?