AUSTRALIA VS ZIMBABWE / 2nd ODI/ 31 August 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mr Twig

Re: AUSTRALIA VS ZIMBABWE / 2nd ODI/ 31 August 2022

Post by Mr Twig »

Two early wickets

If we get another 3 it doesn't look so bad.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Man, cannot wait to see a full strength pace attack with Muzarabani Ngarava and Evans on these Aussie tracks. Just need some bloody runs

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

I swear he edged that

hit his pad

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

I know Wellington is seen as unnecessary but I really think he should be in this team. Sean, Raza, Wes and the rest tend to go missing rather consistently

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:40 am
I know Wellington is seen as unnecessary but I really think he should be in this team. Sean, Raza, Wes and the rest tend to go missing rather consistently
Wellington is the spinner's version of Ngarava. Ngarava today got a couple early wickets I suspect because AUS were trying to end this in a hurry. He's played nearly 30 games, he's bound to get a couple of wicket here and there, but my take is that Ngarava is at least a notch below Blessing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Donald

Post by Donald »

Ngarava bowled really well up front

Evans has spasms of goodness too. A few half volleys in there too, Cant do that against good sides and low total
Batting again let us down.
Kaia needs to actually move his feet for F sake
Chakhabva williams and raza dismissals were so so soft. Really poor from senior players.
Burl and muyonga copped good ones. Burls was almost unplayable. Maybe could have dropped gloves quicker but that's being harsh

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:48 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:40 am
Wellington is the spinner's version of Ngarava. Ngarava today got a couple early wickets I suspect because AUS were trying to end this in a hurry. He's played nearly 30 games, he's bound to get a couple of wicket here and there, but my take is that Ngarava is at least a notch below Blessing.
Think thats a compliment to Wellington tbh. Ngarava is 24 and without proper coaching and rather unhelpful pitches he has done pretty well. He is worse than Blessing no doubt. But in helpful conditions he can really exploit bounce. You should really watch him actually bowl. Numbers arent everything. Especially when he has no runs to defend half the time. Give it a couple years and he`ll really bloom

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Other than his two wickets, unsure Ngarava offered much to the attack. Evans looked far more dangerous and was unlucky not to get a wicket or two.

I think our batting will always be an issue as long as our players have decided that they are more about preserving their wicket, rather than playing their game. You can see they get angsty about not scoring, so they either cower or they try to play big shots.

They really need to work on their tactical aspects. Feet movement, standing straight, playing with a straight bat. Break them down to basics.

Considering he has played 24 ODIs, Wessley should really have at least 1 century to his name. I don't want him or Marumani to fall into the bracket of being players who had talent, but didn't do anything with it.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Well, totally crap performance . Nothing left to say.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Wow ..woke up very excited for the game at 8.30 india time and game was already over lol .it starts at 5.15 here . This was what was expected when I first saw that Aussie squad only chance that we probably have again is to bat second. Hopefully we get that in the last game