Zimbabwe Vs Australia 3rd One day international 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Australia 3rd One day international 2022

Post by TapsC2 »

I'm just happy that when Evans' and Burl's best figures come up, they are going to show matches against India and Australia at the top and not Bangladesh or Afghanistan. Too many times we look down on the current guys compared to our previous legends because the narrative is they did it against the very best. Well these guys have just done something our best teams didn't do. Not hating on the older generation. I'm just saying these guys deserve respect too

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Thanks zimfan1

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:53 am
One thing we have to agree on is that this is Zimbabwe's best bowling attack since 1999. I'm not doubting this for sure, and we still do not have Blessing and Chatara playing.
Great thing is the depth. Even without a renowned bowling coach, we have Muzarabani, Ngarava, Nyauchi, Chatara and Evans. Jongwe being 6th choice is not bad at all

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:57 am
sam_ahm wrote:
One thing we have to agree on is that this is Zimbabwe's best bowling attack since 1999. I'm not doubting this for sure, and we still do not have Blessing and Chatara playing.
Great thing is the depth. Even without a renowned bowling coach, we have Muzarabani, Ngarava, Nyauchi, Chatara and Evans. Jongwe being 6th choice is not bad at all
True, Nyauchi bowls well when the conditions are good for swing, he has been impressive.

Batting remains a problem, Marumani has shown some potential for sure, if he can put up resistance on such difficult wickets against a top quality bowling attack, then surely he will do better in easier circumstances. Still need some young batters to step up. The Junior Welch can be looked upon as a future prospect and perhaps Myers will come back... But overall I'm very much worried for the batting once Raza, Willo, Regis and Ervine retire.

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

Fantastic win and very convincing win as well, a few jitters when Raza and Williams lost their wickets but overall Regis played a very good hand with bat was very calm took some easy singles and did not player and stupid shots.

I had to run to the bottle shop in my Zimbabwe Shirt to rub it in and the last 14 runs I was sipping on a Great Northern beer.

This has to be the most talented lot we have had post the Rebel era.

We did not even have Muzarabani or Ervine and we still managed to push back and get a win.

Great bowling performance upfront, Nyauchi bowled well and Ngarava and Evans made is difficult and Ryan Burl cleaned up with his Leg Spin.

Muzarabani must be itching for a game now, good healthy competition for spots in the team

Murumani has showed good patience only to give his wicket away, hopefully he can take away from this tour that he showed some good confidence up front,he just needs to rotate the strike and play a balanced game, he should always try and play with a straight bat, put away all those cross batted shots and playing across the line of the ball.
If he can do that he can keep the opening slot.

Ryan Burl take a Bow the best figures by any Zimbabwe bowler against Australia at home.

Greats Cricket played by the boys today.

Marvellous to watch.
Last edited by zimlover on Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:17 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:57 am
sam_ahm wrote:
True, Nyauchi bowls well when the conditions are good for swing, he has been impressive.

Batting remains a problem, Marumani has shown some potential for sure, if he can put up resistance on such difficult wickets against a top quality bowling attack, then surely he will do better in easier circumstances. Still need some young batters to step up. The Junior Welch can be looked upon as a future prospect and perhaps Myers will come back... But overall I'm very much worried for the batting once Raza, Willo, Regis and Ervine retire.
Arent we all :?

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Our future looks fine though (barring injuries) we will be reliant on a decent bowling setup of blessing, ngarava, evans and burl. Add masakadza for turning wickets.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Will be well and truly on the beers this afternoon

Fuck yessssssss well done boys!!!!!!!

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Virtually did not make the Aussie news.

Not that unexpected because It’s still NRL/AFL season, when no one cares about cricket.
https://www.news.com.au/
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:04 am
Virtually did not make the Aussie news.

Not that unexpected because It’s still NRL/AFL season, when no one cares about cricket.
https://www.news.com.au/
Uh. You are right that its rather irrelevant but News.com.au is pretty terrible

https://www.smh.com.au/sport

Up there in smh