T20 Asia Cup 2022

For discussion of any non-Zimbabwean cricket.
slcricfan1

Re: T20 Asia Cup 2022

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:20 pm
Don't they have 2 decent openers in the whole of country, Kriterion? So much so that Sabbir Rahman and Mehidy Hasan had the open the innings and played as pure batsmen!?

Mossasek has been one of their better performers with both bat and ball in recent games, he batted way too low at no. 7 and then didn't bowl a single over!!! That eas shocking for me.

The other Mehdi hasan, the lad who was bowling no balls, looked no good to me, I know he has played earlier but i haven't seen much of him. Today he never looked like someone who should bowl hos full quota, yet he did.
I liked Sabbir and Mehidy opening.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:13 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:04 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:57 pm
Wow! What a match. Throughout that run chase, until the last over I thought it was under Bangladesh's control, and yet they found a way to lose.

How did they manage to lose after getting that Karunaratne wicket is beyond me! Why on earth did Mossadek and Mehidy didn't bowl a single ball is also beyond me!!

Congratulations to SL though, they held their nerve really well.
BD should have defended that. Too many mistakes.
ahhahhhaha. Classic minnow battle
The match was good mate, it was a high intensity clash and I thought both teams fought hard. Bangladesh made too many mistakes though and that cost them dearly, especially the no balls.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Definitely the multitude of schoolboy errors cost BD the game. Dropped Mendis, then failed to review a fairly obvious nick a few overs later, and then got him out with a no ball that got reversed by the third umpire. 3 chances right there. On top of that way to many wides and no balls, where the Sri Lankans didn't bowl a single one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:13 pm
Definitely the multitude of schoolboy errors cost BD the game. Dropped Mendis, then failed to review a fairly obvious nick a few overs later, and then got him out with a no ball that got reversed by the third umpire. 3 chances right there. On top of that way to many wides and no balls, where the Sri Lankans didn't bowl a single one.
Absolutely hilarious

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

India and Pakistan meet again tomorrow!

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:22 am
India and Pakistan meet again tomorrow!
Will be another great match, Dont know who is better tbh. The toss will again be most important

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

That was a cracking match today

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yeah, what a match. Obviously it's disappointing to see India on the losing side but credit to Pakistan. I thought once Babar got out early, it was over, as they depend so much on him and Rizwan.

Incredible run chase though. Pakistan have improved a lot since the start of 2021. They are much better side now than what they were last decade.

Anyways, I hope we face them again in the finals and get a chance at redemption.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Yeah it was great, enjoyable way to spend a Sunday evening for sure. Let's hope they both qualify for the final and we get to see them again. Treated to two great innings today from arguably the two best T20 bats of all time; https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte ... 82912.html

Rizwan is so underrated. If he was Indian the world would treat him like the second coming.

Also, I really hope we get an India-Pakistan Test in my lifetime. :(

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Somee great games but seems like win the toss win the match again