2023-2031 FTP news, updates, etc

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: 2023-2031 FTP news, updates, etc

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Haven't been following any cricket except some Zim matches of late, but I did come across this tweet... What is he doing in the "Asia Cup"? :lol:

Well, anyway, if he can get some visits from India regularly, nothing like it. Good for the economy, and good to get some diaspora guys excited...

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Lot of tweets on Twitter regarding Pakistan A tour later this month, ahead of the World Cup.

Is it true SZ? Can anyone confirm?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Yeah apparently they are coming for T20s. Zimbabwe A Vs Pakistan A. It's rescheduled from last January

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:02 pm
Yeah apparently they are coming for T20s. Zimbabwe A Vs Pakistan A. It's rescheduled from last January
That's really good. Much needed prepration for the WC.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Interesting rumour doing the rounds today;

England are restructuring their domestic season. Some suggestion that in future years counties will be organising 'festival' red-ball cricket matches (not part of the championship) at the same time as the Hundred is played, and that 'countries like Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Ireland and Scotland may be invited to play exhibition matches against counties during this time'.

Weird.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

found the article; https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/202 ... irmen-new/

"There is also a proposal to play three slots of four-day cricket in August, like festival weeks, that sit outside the championship so counties could still play 14 red-ball games (if they reach the play-off). These will take place during the Hundred, giving Test players some red-ball cricket if needed, as well as those without Hundred contracts. It would also provide members with more four-day cricket with the possibility of inviting teams such as Zimbabwe, Afghanistan and Scotland to take part and raise the standard in those countries too."

Googly

Post by Googly »

That would be so good. This Hundred has been a disaster for English cricket imo. This year's cost them £14m and it looks like they're trying to get the IPL owners interested, much like the CSA T20. I almost can't get past the way they post the scores on the TV, nor Petersen thinking if he shouts loudly enough people will get excited.
What could possibly go wrong with the Indians controlling practically every cricketing event on the planet? People will sell their mothers for a dollar. Strauss is such a knob.

I'm very curious what Mukhulani was doing at the Asia cup, I'm guessing he came away empty handed or the usual suspects would have their lipstick on and singing his praises. I'm yet to fully understand what they get out of it, but I'm sure it's not much, owning souls here is relatively inexpensive.
We need a better T20 event than the pitiful excuse of the one ZC organises and is finished within a week, hopefully there's some sort of plan afoot?

Googly

Post by Googly »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:37 am
Haven't been following any cricket except some Zim matches of late, but I did come across this tweet... What is he doing in the "Asia Cup"? :lol:

Well, anyway, if he can get some visits from India regularly, nothing like it. Good for the economy, and good to get some diaspora guys excited...

Pardon my ignorance, but who is the smug looking billionaire he's talking to?

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Googly wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:20 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:37 am

Pardon my ignorance, but who is the smug looking billionaire he's talking to?
Jay shah BCCI secretary and ACC president.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

That looks more like the face of someone who is thinking, "Fuck, him again"