Zimbabwe T20 World Cup Squad 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Zimbabwe T20 World Cup Squad 2022

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:16 pm
sloandog wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:06 pm
So Gary Ballance rumours are well and truly false
Not really. Houghton and ZC have been quite clear that if anyone wants to play for Zimbabwe, they've got to show willing and turn up in the country, play some domestic cricket and get selected like anyone else. 'No bags of cash being thrown at people' - was the phrase Houghton used when asked in Australia.

He's still on a multi-year contract at Yorkshire too. There still needs to be a solution to that, one way or another.
I agree with this because last time it created problems plus the difference is that with BT and Jarvis we knew what we were getting. I think this is more to do with the likes of Curran and Melton rather than Ballance but it has to apply to everybody. I don't don't think it will take 3 weeks for Ballance to show he is way better than the rest and get his contract. I don't know about the others. Ballance has played at the highest international level, the others have zero international experience

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

As for Madande I actually think Mutumbami is better than him in this format but I guess it's about moving on and building a future squad. He is learning so much just being around the main team. We actually have a decent set of youngsters learning everyday with Wes, Shumba, Marumani, Munyonga and Madande all being under 23.

Its a shame we lost Myers but this is a decent crop. 3 years ago we had a serious shortage of talent coming through and it was looking bleak, now half our squad is 25 and under if you add Blessing, Evans and Ngarava

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Mutumbami is toxic, I wouldn't want a bloke like that in the squad, especially if he is just warming the bench and not going to play anyway.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:21 am
As for Madande I actually think Mutumbami is better than him in this format but I guess it's about moving on and building a future squad. He is learning so much just being around the main team. We actually have a decent set of youngsters learning everyday with Wes, Shumba, Marumani, Munyonga and Madande all being under 23.

Its a shame we lost Myers but this is a decent crop. 3 years ago we had a serious shortage of talent coming through and it was looking bleak, now half our squad is 25 and under if you add Blessing, Evans and Ngarava
I'm pretty sure Myers will be back.

Donald

Post by Donald »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:25 am
Mutumbami is toxic, I wouldn't want a bloke like that in the squad, especially if he is just warming the bench and not going to play anyway.
Do tell?

Donald

Post by Donald »

78 from 33 this morning

Marumani in form of his life

sscricket
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by sscricket »

Hugely disappointed not to see nyuachi.can bring the screws in with Evans make the ball talk.this is so dumb.....

sscricket
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by sscricket »

Should not just be in the squad but the first pick

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Madandes stats are miles ahead of Mutumbami, and he is younger by 11 years. Makes sense to have the youngster as the backup. If he doesn't play, at least he will pick up some experience and hopefully learn something on the journey.

Donald wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:39 am
78 from 33 this morning

Marumani in form of his life
I don't get too excited about domestic form. Our domestic level is so low. It's about the step up to international for me. Marumani has the skills, but he evidenced a lot of his inexperience in the Aus series. His inability to regulate his shots and when to do them, makes him a walking wicket. He goes hard, but when he does, his shape and form are all over the place, so again, has all the skills, but needs to hone them and get them right.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:42 am
He goes hard, but when he does, his shape and form are all over the place, so again, has all the skills, but needs to hone them and get them right.
I didn't watch the AUS series, but did notice that Marumani (and Madhevere) both got some runs against one of the best bowling attacks on their own turf. But if what you said is true about Marumani, then he's got a lot of work to do because "shape and form" ie technique is the real skill of batting because that determines repeatability of strokes, and consistency of run making. To reiterate, Ngarava scored back to back 30s recently with little "shape or form", but its precisely that lack of technique which ensures that he won't hit 30 consistently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)