Zimbabwe u19 tour of India

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe u19 tour of India

Post by secretzimbo »

Zimbabwe won't be playing test cricket in ten years time, when these lads are at the peak of their careers.

It's a stretch to say Zimbabwe currently play test cricket tbh. It's a waste of time putting more energy into domestic/club/u19 red-ball cricket than most other full members do these days.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

:cry:
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:48 pm
Zimbabwe won't be playing test cricket in ten years time, when these lads are at the peak of their careers.

It's a stretch to say Zimbabwe currently play test cricket tbh. It's a waste of time putting more energy into domestic/club/u19 red-ball cricket than most other full members do these days.
Honestly I think you are bit uneducated about cricket, as long as these lads get to play cricket especially test cricket, they will learn more. A good test player can become very good white ball player. Test match cricket builds your base or foundation to be a successful white ball player. In test matches you will learn how to play on merit, good balls to be defended and loose balls to be put away.
Last edited by lobsang on Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:48 pm

For me test cricket teaches you everything about the game, whether it be playing aggressive games or Tuk-Tuk game which Misbah-Ul-Haq is infamously associated with.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Ya maatjie, and that’s why our system is so famously stacked with top quality T20 cricketers :lol: :roll:

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

https://youtube.com/@OmtexSports

Highlight of zimbabwe tour.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see Macmillion got a ton, not sure who they were playing.

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:44 pm
You’re too late. We already have no future in Test cricket.

Therefore, as sad as it is, might as well focus on T20 and be future-looking.
It depends if the "We" refers to Zimbabwe or the whole Test Cricket.
Everybody claims to love Test Cricket, unfortunately (England aside) few people go to watch it.

Test Cricket must survive.
To help it survive my opinion is to dedicate a couple of months a year (e.g. February and July) where ALL Test matches be concentrated. All those matches be part of the World Test Championship.
Only The Ashes will remain with their calendar.

Test Cricket is bound to become like lawn tennis: it is played for the month of June only, but the whole world and top players are concentrated to it.
Figure out that World Test Cricket be played by all Nations in those two months. Best players would play Test Cricket and be left with the other 10 months for lucrative T20 Leagues.

Googly

Post by Googly »

https://twitter.com/NewsDayZimbabwe/sta ... pNhjw&s=19

I'm guessing this school doesn't prioritise cricket :lol:
We live in a lawless country where Ministers and Chinese rule

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:01 pm
https://twitter.com/NewsDayZimbabwe/sta ... pNhjw&s=19

I'm guessing this school doesn't prioritise cricket :lol:
We live in a lawless country where Ministers and Chinese rule
Lots of old mines around that school, it's literally directly over the road from the old Kwekwe Queens cricket/drinking club which was an incredible place twenty years back. Completely abandoned now, maybe the gold panners will try their luck there next :lol:

We are so fucked. You have to laugh or you'll cry :lol: :lol: