Zim T10 Draft

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zim T10 Draft

Post by zimfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:56 am
Chakabva, Zhuwao, Mpofu and Maruma all getting selected over some younger guys 8-)
Only guys the owners would have heard of.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Havent seen the final teams but this T10 doesnt even feel like a Zim competition. The least they could have done is actually give the teams Zim names.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:40 am
jaybro wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:36 am
This thing has all the hallmarks of an absolute debacle with no one getting paid and half a dozen players being done for match fixing
I would say this is very likely
Yep sounds farcical, I'm imagining it to be like this league: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xTEf5TJrMc

Good Craic2

Post by Good Craic2 »

The one positive i can see from this is that our players get to spend some time with top players, retired and very senior players true, but there is a lot of experience floating around these teams and hopefully the exposure to different games and preparation will help develop some players. Like when Raza spent time with Narine and remodelled his bowling action

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

This competition has potential. There's some really good pickups, but there are also some shocking drafts. Almost like it's forcing them to pick Indian and Pak players so they can make the money.

The teams also being 3 of them outside of Zim are nonsensical. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a debacle.

Seems only Bulawayo have made sensible choices. Dooley, Mcdermott, Webster and Turner are really good pickups. Hatzoglou too. Be very keen to see how the Aussies do.

Hope someone at ZC is planning a damn good speech for Cartwright.

As for Hammy, I think the less I say about him, the better. Why can't he just retire.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Ahhh this is poor bowling all of a sudden

Good Craic2

Post by Good Craic2 »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:26 am
sloandog coming in from the future and predicting things, which game and who is bowling only he knows as he gazes into his crystal ball :lol:

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Good Craic2 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:40 am
sloandog wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:26 am
sloandog coming in from the future and predicting things, which game and who is bowling only he knows as he gazes into his crystal ball :lol:
Haha 🙇 😄 sorry men

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I know it's a f***ing frustrating question to ask at this stage but are there any young players to look up to in this tournament?

They could have just made it T20, that would have been great. WTF is this T10 format?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Adam Theo says all games under floodlights.
This I gotta see. Maybe 100 guys up each tower shining torches?