[Match Thread] New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, Only Test

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
hhm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, Only Test

Post by hhm »

Jemisi wrote:I dont think he meant the Indians - they have been toothless
Thank you! :)

Although FP, I wouldn't mind if one of our seamers does a Yadav, go at a premium but bag a 5-for! At least then NZ declare with at least 7/8 wickets down which'll make it less embarassing. Right now I can't see them needing to lose more than 4wickets (or 5/6 when accelerating towards a declaration) before they decide they have enough on the board!

This pitch has surely deprived NZ of the right amount of boundaries! Outfiled very bad! Wonder how much that'll affect our own innigs considering that NZ are good fielders and won't loosely allow singles. We'll need boundaries! This is where Vusi will be missed! Matsi would've been great as well. We'll see what Forster & Regis can do. Still can't believe Elton was left out for one of them!
betterdays wrote:horrific start ... please let them get a wicket from somewhere for some relief...
Shingi, Shingi, Shingi! :W:
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

FlowerPower

Post by FlowerPower »

Jemisi wrote:I dont think he meant the Indians - they have been toothless
...and my point being it's ok to watch that and all of a sudden it's atrocious when a young learning team does it....and this from a man who has just argued that we need to play the full number 1Test side in the world? ....definitely we've struggled, but the negativity from this dude is amazing, it's moan moan moan, why does he stay?...I mean really why? It's not like it's mandatory....hey maybe I'm suffering from sleep depravation....something to lighten things... :D :W:
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

yay Shingy, tell you what though that looked a no ball for me, need to go bang bang now

Tom91
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Tom91 »

Well done Shingi you deserved that wicket :W:

andy24
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by andy24 »

Yes go Shingi and on that high i might go listen to the hottest 100. lets hope the wickes fall

betterdays
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by betterdays »

thank fuck! i was off to bed...good on you Shingi (lifted nicely...) :D

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

Finally some relief!

betterdays

Post by betterdays »

zimfan1 wrote:yay Shingy, tell you what though that looked a no ball for me, need to go bang bang now
'landed' behind for sure - but at release it looked a close one

hhm

Post by hhm »

FlowerPower wrote:...and my point being it's ok to watch that and all of a sudden it's atrocious when a young learning team does it....and this from a man who has just argued that we need to play the full number 1Test side in the world?
This is not the place to learn how to play cricket. You can't go from - playing soccer, being a prop in rugby, lacking FC experience&recovering from a bad back injury - to gracing Test cricket. Of course bring on England - just not with this poor team selection - proper bowlers&batsmen who;ve earned their stripes!

To dismiss it a negativity is being shallow. There's a plot behind it, and you guys wrote the script! As I promised I will use every opportunity to highlight the glaring deficiencies of some of these players! They are simply not good enough to be persisted with in my view! Most shockingly feel differently yet there's a dearth of the same singing their praises whenever it counts - like at this moment! It's not my job to give myself something positive to say about them, it's those players' job! Right now they're not doing it and some here are just too proud to admit it and point it out.
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

betterdays

Post by betterdays »

:lol: :lol: who is this commentator? hamilton mizazi...za (wtf you saying lad?) :lol: